Email Marketing Tool

MW-at-mims
Participant

Identifying Email content ID and Internal Hubspot ID (_hsmi and utm_content)

Hi, I am looking for a way to track email URL clicking by both Email Content ID (which is uniquely given to email content) and Internal Hubspot ID (which is given whenever sending event of the email content) in websites, not hosted in Hubspot.

While prior to sending email, only Email Content ID is available in the email page URL, such as below "11991136999",

https://app.hubspot.com/email/{portal  ID}/edit/11991136999/content

after sending email, all the tracking IDs for email URLs are marked with Internal Hubspot ID as in URL parameters "_hsmi=" and "utm_content=". Both "_hsmi=" and "utm_content=" are identical with Internal Hubspot ID, and cannot identify by Email Content ID.

Since in our operation we need to identify one email among emails with the same email title consistently before and after sending email in both email content creation process and traffic acquisition measurement in landing pages, we need to use Email Content ID, but as click performance measured in landing pages with its source/content, there is only "_hsmi=" or "utm_content=", which is Internal Hubspot ID.

Ideally, we need an option to make "utm_content=" to be set with Email Content ID, as the parameter is indicating 'content', and Internal Hubspot ID is set in "_hsmi=" as well.

Besides, are there way to export in the email export to get both Email Content ID and Internal Hubspot ID?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
SMendes
Participant

is there an update on this issue from hubspot, it would help us marketers better if we can see our hubspot id back in the utm code

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @MW-at-mims ,

It appears that what you are looking for is a custom feature that may not be offered in HubSpot.

Have you tried to create their own tracking URL? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url

I would suggest getting them to look at this resource to see if they can create their tracking URL with their specific parameters.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
MW-at-mims
Participant

Hi @webdew , Thank you for your suggestion. However our email marketing is more than several emails per day in multiple countries and one email can contain over 10 URLs. Email marketers creating the UTM code for each tracking URL as in labor intensive way isn't practical to us. I hope as such "_hsmi=" or "utm_content=" generated automatically with Internal Hubspot ID, the parameter of Email Content ID is fetched by Hubspot email automatically to support hundreds of URLs to be sent in emails. 

Regards,

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @MW-at-mims ,

I have checked, a way to automatically generate the parameters with Email Content ID automatically, is not possible and the closest way for them to achieve this as you said, would be to use the tracking URL.
I can see that we are able to create a custom report on the ContentID by the number of clicks.