Email Marketing Tool

RapidFinancial
Participant

Hubspot's Server

SOLVE

Hi,

I have the basic plan and am looking for a way to send my marketing e-mails so they don't end up in the spam folder.

I remembered that I can send e-mails from Hubspot, so I started to look into this.

They are being sent from HS's server, correct?

And how do I know that HS's server isn't on a spam list, as I just saw a thread back in 2017 saying it was 😞

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot's Server

SOLVE

Hi @RapidFinancial 

That is correct! All marketing emails are sent via HubSpot's shared email infrastructure except for users who have opted to send email via a HubSpot dedicated IP.

Part of our goal on the Email Deliverability team is to maintain the good health and standing of our sending network to make sure that your contacts are reliably receiving your emails. This, of course, includes Deliverability Protection, as well as remediation processes to resolve blacklistings and other negative impact to the network. 

In regard to emails ending up in the spam folder, we cannot guarantee delivery to the primary inbox. Email deliverability (or inbox placement) is influenced by your own email sending habits which contribute directly to your sender reputation and deliverability. To improve your chances of having marketing email reach the inbox, you'll want to make sure you are sending mail to contacts that have been acquired from trustworthy sources, have consented to receive marketing emails from your brand, and those who are actively engaged with your mail. More often than not, emails end up in the spam folder as a result of poor contact list health and management so following these best practices will go a long way! 

The tips that @sharonlicari shared are also super important and will help improve deliverability! Having your recipients whitelist your FROM address, sending domain(s), and IPs tells their servers they should expect to receive your incoming marketing emails. Each time your recipients engage with your marketing emails (open, click, or move from the spam folder to the primary inbox), their inbox provider "learns" that recipients do indeed want to hear from you. Positive email engagements help to improve your sender reputation and chances of future emails making it to the primary inbox. 

Check out these guides for more tips and best practices to improve email deliverability:

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hubspot's Server

SOLVE

Hey @RapidFinancial 

You could avoid your emails go to the spam filter you could try the following:

• Add your from email address to their email client address book. This tells the inbox that it should expect to receive emails coming from that address. Each email client has a different process for adding email addresses, which can be found in their help documentation.
  • Request that their IT/Email team whitelist your email sending domain. This tells their email server that it should expect to receive emails from any from address containing your domain (e.g., hubspot.com). This option is applicable for the following subscriptions: Marketing Hub Starter, Professional, Enterprise; Service Hub Professional, Enterprise and Legacy Marketing Hub Basic
  • Request that their IT/Email team whitelist your sending IP addresses from HubSpot.
  • Open and click links in marketing emails they do receive from you. This tells the inbox to trust emails coming from your address and email sending domain. An email client is always learning; if your contacts continue to open and click on your emails, the email client will learn to accept those emails in the future.
  • Move your marketing emails found in their SPAM/junk folder back to the inbox. This tells the inbox where to place that email in the future and improves your domain's sender reputation.

You can find more details about this here.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

RapidFinancial
Participant

Hubspot's Server

SOLVE

Hi Sharon,

I should have mentioned these are marketing e-mails, not people I know.

Can someone else please answer my question about the HS server?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Zakiya
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot's Server

SOLVE

Hi @RapidFinancial 

That is correct! All marketing emails are sent via HubSpot's shared email infrastructure except for users who have opted to send email via a HubSpot dedicated IP.

Part of our goal on the Email Deliverability team is to maintain the good health and standing of our sending network to make sure that your contacts are reliably receiving your emails. This, of course, includes Deliverability Protection, as well as remediation processes to resolve blacklistings and other negative impact to the network. 

In regard to emails ending up in the spam folder, we cannot guarantee delivery to the primary inbox. Email deliverability (or inbox placement) is influenced by your own email sending habits which contribute directly to your sender reputation and deliverability. To improve your chances of having marketing email reach the inbox, you'll want to make sure you are sending mail to contacts that have been acquired from trustworthy sources, have consented to receive marketing emails from your brand, and those who are actively engaged with your mail. More often than not, emails end up in the spam folder as a result of poor contact list health and management so following these best practices will go a long way! 

The tips that @sharonlicari shared are also super important and will help improve deliverability! Having your recipients whitelist your FROM address, sending domain(s), and IPs tells their servers they should expect to receive your incoming marketing emails. Each time your recipients engage with your marketing emails (open, click, or move from the spam folder to the primary inbox), their inbox provider "learns" that recipients do indeed want to hear from you. Positive email engagements help to improve your sender reputation and chances of future emails making it to the primary inbox. 

Check out these guides for more tips and best practices to improve email deliverability:

RapidFinancial
Participant

Hubspot's Server

SOLVE

Hi,

My sending habits are fine as I usually only e-mail people I know, or new companies I'm contacting.

If they are ending up in the spam folder, it has to do with my hoster, not me, as I don't spam.

This is why I'm looking for a better e-mail solution to increase the chances that it will hit the inbox & not the spam folder.

I already know all of those tips, & 90% of them don't relate to me since I don't know the person I'm e-mailing (in this case) & I'm only e-mailing them once, unless they e-mail me back.

Thanks

0 Upvotes