Email Marketing Tool

stevenm

Hubspot emails going to SPAM

SOLVE

Hey

I am trying to test my emails from HubSpot and google & Outlook have decided they are all SPAM.

After researching I have found that the server is on the SORBS-SPAM database.

Matches your server IP address (167.89.107.136) against 21 of the most common ipv4 blocklist. Listed in SORBS-SPAM 

How can I get this fixed?

Regards

Steven

1 Accepted solution
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @stevenm, are you deciding these emails have spam content? Or your email client is filtering them into your SPAM folder? 

When you're sending these emails are they from the CRM, HubSpot Markerting or from your email client?

Have you triend following HubSpot's instructions for improving email deliverability

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32
startetm

SOLVE

Hey @stevenm , not sure if you're still having this issue but I was having the same issue and when I enabled 2 factor authentication on my account it fixed the email spam issue. 

I hope this helps! 

0 Upvotes
JAviste
Participant

SOLVE
Thank you for your suggestion. I have had 2 step authentication from the very beginning. Interesting that this fixed the spam issue for you. I am now wondering if this has anything to do with my mid 2010 MacBook Pro? The spam issue may be a complicated one. I continue with a manual approach to tracking communications.
0 Upvotes
startetm

SOLVE

Oh Im sorry! For me every other mail sending platform worked except Hubspot and for some reason turning on 2 factor authentication fixed it. Maybe try adding a user to your Hubspot account or creating a sample account and see if it does it on that sample account. Or maybe try sending from the mobile app and see if that does it because if it works in another account or from another device then that would confirm even more that it is that specific Hubspot account. At least in my mind it would haha. I don't think your computer would be the reason your emails are going to spam but I could be wrong. 

JAviste
Participant

SOLVE
To be sure, when you say two step authentication are you referring to the Sign In to your account process? Where you begin with an e-mail and password and then you enter a number code that is texted to your mobile phone?
startetm

SOLVE

Right, for the sign in process into Hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
shane99
Participant

SOLVE

I use my Google Workspace email account in the Chrome Browser, including the HubSpot Chrome Plugin. When I am logged into HubSpot via the Gmail interface, my sent emails bounce back as blocked or they end up in the Junk bins of the recipients. When I log out of the HubSpot while in Gmail, my sent emails arrive at the recipient's inboxes.

Also - When I email directly through the Hubspot.com interface and leave the "Edited with HubSpot " in the footer, the emails get sent to SPAM/JUNK or get blocked altogether. If I remove the "edited with Hubspot" from the footer, the emails are delivered. 

So the issue is HubSpot.

Can Hubspot fix this issue?

DPitta
Participant

SOLVE

Same here. Using Google workspace mail. Now that I have installed the hub spot plugin, I got all my sent emails going to the receivers junk...

0 Upvotes
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

For outbound marketing emails, we add a "internal test group" list to every Hubspot send that are not 1:1. These emails are then filtered via Outlook folders. If a send shows in the Hubspot marketing calendar as sent, but does not show in the "Hubspot sends" folder; we know there is are are send issue in Outlook. We then follow-up with deliverability reports and create re-send lists specific to that marketing email.

We do not have specific process for outbound 1:1 emails. Since our sales team use these exclusively, we expect the sales agent who sent the 1:1 to followup.

JWestbrook
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jpham - I'm fairly new to hubspot and we're running into outgoing 1:1 deliverability issues and I'd like your take here. With the 1:1... if the sales teammember follow ups with email, what's to stop the follow up from not going to spam as well? (Or are our follow ups via non-email channels.) Have you come across ways to reliably have 1:1 emails delivered? (Does plain text/no images help?)

0 Upvotes
JAviste
Participant

SOLVE
So we are not sending e-mails from within the HubSpot platform. It is a labor intensive work around to send one-off individualized e-mails from within Macmail, using our Outlook, Office 365 email (name@website.com), however, I know these e-mails get delivered. Hope this helps. Your situation may be different and then you need to look at the probability of e-mails getting delivered and the cost, whether an actual one or an opportunity one when e-mails are not received. I also like to follow up with phone calls, so mixing it up.
JWestbrook
Contributor

SOLVE

To clairify, we're using the Hubspot outlook integration (so that not only are the messages tracked/logged, the emails set off subject-line based workflows). 

0 Upvotes
JAviste
Participant

SOLVE
So that is what I thought you were doing. Unfortunately, I started out with the Outlook integration and then discovered that it actually was not working at all. There is supposed to be a way to get it to work, but we do not have time to try something that in the end is still not guaranteed to deliver e-mails reliably. This may change for us later this year. My suggestion is try to connect with someone who is having succes with Outlook integration.
0 Upvotes
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

There is something wrong with Hubspot - Outlook. In addition to 1:1 email issues and internal employee bounce issues, we continue to have VIP customers complaing about their "hard bounce" status. This is after applying all the above mentioned allowlisting and automated folder systems for our VIP clients as well. 

Hubspot email deliverability team has been contacted via our designated tech support. I'll let this group know what the resolution is.

JAviste
Participant

SOLVE
I am still very new to HubSpot and what I am thinking is that when faced with a challenge, like the deliverability of a 1:1 email, it is worth noting that there may not be a simple solution. In my case, I have to weigh the chance of finding a solution, with going with some sort of work around.

Sometimes it may be better to ask how HubSpot can work, given certain realities and limitations, so a solution, but not for the specific problem that you started out with.

A gradual approach to uncovering features helps too.
0 Upvotes
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

@JAviste - We have all team members create rules and folders within Outlook, this allows us to automatically "mark as not junk" and place in a single folder to find "Hubspot sends"

JAviste
Participant

SOLVE
Thank you for the response to inbound HubSpot (HS) emails. My concern is actually about outbound ones, even if they are non-branded, non-template, 1:1 type emails sent from within HS and connected to my Outlook email: javiste@edgeonscience.com. My understanding of this is that there is an issue (or issues) with Outlook, plus the question of whether or not these emails are reaching their recipient mailbox or just going to a Junk or Spam folder.
JAviste
Participant

SOLVE

I am having the same issue. Sending an e-mail from within HubSpot, using my Office 365 business e-mail address, ends up in a junk folder. I am wondering how to prevent this or at least reduce the probability of it happenning.

0 Upvotes
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

Wait. I typed "*black*listed" not "blocklisted"; "*white*list" not "allowlist". This forum is censoring my speech and violating my first amendment rights. LOL

0 Upvotes
TGJohnson

SOLVE

Hubspot dedicated tech support has identified the issue that caused the previous Microsoft, Outlook, Barracuda, etc. spam capture of marketing emails. The domain used for Hubspot image hosting was identified by SpamRL and blocklisted.

Please allowlist the following domain:

hsctaimages.net

To your previous comment...Maybe I'm confused, but I don't understand how white listing an image site on my side is going to allow my customers and prospects to get my Hubspot-sent email blasts. And it is worth noting that the test that I run was a "Plain Email" template from Hubspot vs a plain text email from the other tool. While I don't normally send those types of emails (I usually use HTML formatted emails) I tried the plain text format because that is what the other cheap email tool used and I needed an apples to apples comparison.  

0 Upvotes
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

@TGJohnson - this is just what worked for our email deliverability. The image hosting domain seems to have been our issue. Once identified and resolved, our email sender score improved from 69 back to 97.

0 Upvotes