Email Marketing Tool

stevenm

Hubspot emails going to SPAM

SOLVE

Hey

I am trying to test my emails from HubSpot and google & Outlook have decided they are all SPAM.

After researching I have found that the server is on the SORBS-SPAM database.

Matches your server IP address (167.89.107.136) against 21 of the most common ipv4 blocklist. Listed in SORBS-SPAM 

How can I get this fixed?

Regards

Steven

1 Accepted solution
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @stevenm, are you deciding these emails have spam content? Or your email client is filtering them into your SPAM folder? 

When you're sending these emails are they from the CRM, HubSpot Markerting or from your email client?

Have you triend following HubSpot's instructions for improving email deliverability

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

Hubspot dedicated tech support has identified the issue that caused the previous Microsoft, Outlook, Barracuda, etc. spam capture of marketing emails. The domain used for Hubspot image hosting was identified by SpamRL and blocklisted.

Please allowlist the following domain:

hsctaimages.net

Note: this info is from our dedicated tech support that costs extra (in addition to premiums paid for enterprise and dedicated email IPs). The extra $$$ provided accessibility to the Hubspot email deliverability team. Attempts to resolve with regular support via chat and dev forums gave no useful help, just rehashing of Google search results for "email best practices".

0 Upvotes
TGJohnson

SOLVE

I am having this same issue. I have tried all of Hubspot's recommendations and open rate has plummeted and we never send more than 1 email a week to lists. This week I tried sending the same email through another tool that automates the sending through one of our company's gmail (we use Gsuite) accounts. Got a 17% open rate through this inexpensive tool and only got a 1.6% open rate through Hubspot. Same list, same message....vastly different results. This is a Hubspot issue. Email delivery is one of the primary features we pay a premium for....Please help me fix this issue or I will be forced to explore other options before our next renewal.

0 Upvotes
jwusf

SOLVE

Hey @TGJohnson , what is the name of the other "inexpensive tool" that you used and got a 17% open rate on? Would you recommend that or any other automation tools? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
TGJohnson

SOLVE

It is a mail merge tool that works with google sheets and gmail called YAMM. Its a google extension.

0 Upvotes
AshleyT

SOLVE

I have this problem too.  allowlisting is not the answer as the Marketing emails sent from Hubspot are going to clients' Spam / Trash folders - I can't allowlist their email accounts!

Come on Hubspot, can we have an appropriate resolution please?  

pravinkoshti

SOLVE

Writing here for the first time.

We are also facing the same problem. It is **bleep** frustrating -

1 added SPF record, and DNS records etc

2 added IP addresses etc

Even the mails to our company domain are received in junk, we are on Microsoft services.

We've not sent a lot of mails either hardly 1500 mails in total in last 6 months. The contacts did not recive mail more than 5-8 times that we can say anything specific about the problem.

It'd be great if someone can help here.

0 Upvotes
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

Perhaps there is something going on with Microsoft servers?

I often have to request Hubspot support to manually unbounce our own staff emails, including Hubspot admin and user accounts.

0 Upvotes
jpham
Participant

SOLVE

Same issue! With particularly high spam issues in Feb 2020.

Tech support instructions provided by Hubspot is that one should provide better content and better segmentation that sends only to engaged contacts. Despite these best practices (confirmed by our own designated Hubspot tech support agent), we still occassionally have Hubspot marketing emails marked as junk...even in our own employee inboxes that we've appropriately setup allowlists.

The latest response from Hubspot is that we are simply sending too many emails on specific days (such as holidays for holiday specific sales). 

In addition, our enterprise portal has two sending IP addresses (not including our transactional IP addresses). So ideally, Hubspot should allow enterprise users with multiple brands to assign which sending IP that would be used by specific brands to avoid the abovementioned volume sending issue. 

In the end, isn't the purpose of having Hubspot is to prevent clients from ending up in Spam folders considering we have best practices and multiple sending IPs?

DouglasW
Contributor

SOLVE

This is an issue for me as well. And to be clear, the solution is NOT "make sure hubspot is whitelisted in my email client"... these emails need to reach our clients. I've already connected my domain via DNS. If they are still getting caught in our clients' SPAM folder, this is an issue with HubSpot.

SebastinSch
Participant

SOLVE

I have this issue as well! And I've checked everything else. It needs to be Hubspot.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

rrhodes
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

This just started happening to me too. After using HubSpot for several years, suddenly most of the forms I'm copied on and all of the test emails are put in my Junk folder (Microsoft Outlook for Mac Version 16.31 (19111002). The domain hubspot.com is in our allowlist, and I've even added a rule in Outlook to move messages from that domain to the inbox, but they still go to Junk.

aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @stevenm, are you deciding these emails have spam content? Or your email client is filtering them into your SPAM folder? 

When you're sending these emails are they from the CRM, HubSpot Markerting or from your email client?

Have you triend following HubSpot's instructions for improving email deliverability