Email Marketing Tool

ES14

HubSpot as email service provider

SOLVE

I'm not very technical and I appreciate any advice you can provide in advance.

I have an idea for a SaaS product that allows our SaaS customers to import a list of email contacts with a CSV, attach a survey link inside the email, and send a group email to a list of recipients so they can complete the survey.

Is it possible for HubSpot to act as an email distributor for users of my SaaS platform?

What if my customers prefer to use their own email client instead of HubSpot and does it even matter which email service provider our customers use?

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danaland
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ES14! I highly reccomend against doing this. HubSpot's requires that contacts provide the brand doing the email sending verifiable opt-in consent. If contacts are providing your customers consent, and then the customers are providing the list to you to send out a survery email, that would mean the contacts did not provide your brand opt-in consent, and would violate our Acceptable Use Policy. This could result in a permanent suspension of the marketing email tool.

It sounds like you'd like to build an email sending platform that people can use to send out email surverys. If you'd like to build a tool that sends marketing emails on behalf of others, you may want to look into network providers, such as Sendgrid or Sparkpost. You can build their network into your tool. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danaland
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ES14! I highly reccomend against doing this. HubSpot's requires that contacts provide the brand doing the email sending verifiable opt-in consent. If contacts are providing your customers consent, and then the customers are providing the list to you to send out a survery email, that would mean the contacts did not provide your brand opt-in consent, and would violate our Acceptable Use Policy. This could result in a permanent suspension of the marketing email tool.

It sounds like you'd like to build an email sending platform that people can use to send out email surverys. If you'd like to build a tool that sends marketing emails on behalf of others, you may want to look into network providers, such as Sendgrid or Sparkpost. You can build their network into your tool. 

ES14

SOLVE

Understood, thank you!

0 Upvotes