Email Marketing Tool

msaez
Participant

HubL code in HTML

SOLVE

Hi!

We have created an e-mail with a QR code in de HTML area.

Everything is working ok, but when I try to send them, appears a warning:

HTML is an HTML module and cannot contain HubL code

This is  the code that we are using:

msaez_0-1668598173558.png

Could you please help me? Do you know if it's relevant? Because, apparently, I can send the e-mail with any problems but I'm worried by the warning and his impact.

Thank you all

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
albertsg
Solution
Guide

HubL code in HTML

SOLVE

Hello @msaez, the error is quite self explanatori. You are using HubL in your module and that's not allowed as the error says. 

I see in your HTML that HubL is being used in the src property of your image: 

{{contact.hs_object_id}}

Anyway, if you can send the email, did you try sending it first to some test accounts for example? If it works, I don't think the error will prevent anything BUT I would recommend you to test it as much as you can since I'm not an email expert, I'm a CMS developer 🙂

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

You also connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubL code in HTML

SOLVE

Hi @msaez,

Have you tried using a rich text module instead of a HTML module? It could be a quick workaround.

If that doesn't work either, the so-called programmable email feature might be needed, available in Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, allowing you to use advanced HubL syntax to fully personalize the content of your emails: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-programmable-emails

(It would be a matter of cloning an existing module and enabling the programmable email beta for this module. All default modules cannot be enabled that way, so cloning a default module should do the trick.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubL code in HTML

SOLVE

Hi @msaez,

Have you tried using a rich text module instead of a HTML module? It could be a quick workaround.

If that doesn't work either, the so-called programmable email feature might be needed, available in Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, allowing you to use advanced HubL syntax to fully personalize the content of your emails: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-programmable-emails

(It would be a matter of cloning an existing module and enabling the programmable email beta for this module. All default modules cannot be enabled that way, so cloning a default module should do the trick.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

msaez
Participant

HubL code in HTML

SOLVE

Finally we are going to send them anyway because it seems that everything is working ok despite of the error.

Thank you for your help!😄

albertsg
Solution
Guide

HubL code in HTML

SOLVE

Hello @msaez, the error is quite self explanatori. You are using HubL in your module and that's not allowed as the error says. 

I see in your HTML that HubL is being used in the src property of your image: 

{{contact.hs_object_id}}

Anyway, if you can send the email, did you try sending it first to some test accounts for example? If it works, I don't think the error will prevent anything BUT I would recommend you to test it as much as you can since I'm not an email expert, I'm a CMS developer 🙂

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

You also connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter