Email Marketing Tool

ecdyson83
メンバー

How to use URL from HubSpot Field in Marketing Email so it becomes a Hyperlink

解決

I am trying to generate marketing emails where emails to each contact have a URL that is specific to that contact.

For example 20 contcats may be associated with one company and that company uses a specific URL or ours.

10 other contacts are associated with a different company and different URL ... for example ...  First 20 are from ABCD Comany and the URL is  https://ourdomain.net/abcd  and the Next 10 are associated with 1234 Company and the URL is  https://ourdomain.net/1234 

I have a custom field for each contct that lists our URL for them/their company URL.
However when that fied is inserted in a Marketing Email it loses the Hyperlink and becomes plain text?
How do I generate a Marketing Email that provides the URL as a Hyperlink?

Thank you

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @ecdyson83,

This can be done via the source code of a rich text module in the email editor of HubSpot. Click into your text module and find this option in the menu bar:

karstenkoehler_0-1645508641683.png

You should then see an HTML editor which can look a bit intimidating but should look less scary once you get a bit used to it.

If you're new to this, I'd recommend capitalizing the text you want to hyperlink before opening this HTML editor. Additionally, add a random hyperlink to it, for example linking to www.google.com.

karstenkoehler_4-1645508818593.png

When you open the HTML editor, this will automatically stand out:

karstenkoehler_5-1645508829570.png

Now the thing you want to do is find the line and the link, line 3 in my case. You can now replace http://www.google.com with the link created from the personalization token and the link text, too.

<p style="margin-bottom: 10px;"><a href="http://www.google.com" rel="noopener">YES, THIS LINK RIGHT HERE, OFFICER</a></p>

To:

<p style="margin-bottom: 10px;"><a href="{{ contact.yourproperty }}" rel="noopener">Link text</a></p>

{{ contact.property }} is the syntax for personalization tokens in HubSpot. The first part refers to the object (ours is a contact property, hence "contact"), the second part, after the dot, refers to the internal name of your property. You can find this internal name by navigating to Settings > Properties > searching your property > clicking on it > clicking the </> icon:

karstenkoehler_6-1645509048176.png

I'm not aware of a faster, easier way to do this, unfortunately.

Once you created this link, always make sure to preview/test your email for at least one contact to see if the link works.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

elanashama
解決策
トップ投稿者

解決

Happy to help @ecdyson83 . You can send me the name of the property you're trying to use as a link, as well as the link text, and I will send you the code. But seems like you managed 🙂

Regarding your question, you can do it by selecinng the text you want to link to the company URL, and in the URL field enter the personalization token.

Insert a link:

elanashama_0-1645521712886.png

Insert personalization token as URL:

elanashama_1-1645521746416.png

元の投稿で解決策を見る

6件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @ecdyson83,

This can be done via the source code of a rich text module in the email editor of HubSpot. Click into your text module and find this option in the menu bar:

karstenkoehler_0-1645508641683.png

You should then see an HTML editor which can look a bit intimidating but should look less scary once you get a bit used to it.

If you're new to this, I'd recommend capitalizing the text you want to hyperlink before opening this HTML editor. Additionally, add a random hyperlink to it, for example linking to www.google.com.

karstenkoehler_4-1645508818593.png

When you open the HTML editor, this will automatically stand out:

karstenkoehler_5-1645508829570.png

Now the thing you want to do is find the line and the link, line 3 in my case. You can now replace http://www.google.com with the link created from the personalization token and the link text, too.

<p style="margin-bottom: 10px;"><a href="http://www.google.com" rel="noopener">YES, THIS LINK RIGHT HERE, OFFICER</a></p>

To:

<p style="margin-bottom: 10px;"><a href="{{ contact.yourproperty }}" rel="noopener">Link text</a></p>

{{ contact.property }} is the syntax for personalization tokens in HubSpot. The first part refers to the object (ours is a contact property, hence "contact"), the second part, after the dot, refers to the internal name of your property. You can find this internal name by navigating to Settings > Properties > searching your property > clicking on it > clicking the </> icon:

karstenkoehler_6-1645509048176.png

I'm not aware of a faster, easier way to do this, unfortunately.

Once you created this link, always make sure to preview/test your email for at least one contact to see if the link works.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mkornyev
参加者

解決

How can we get this to work with custom Transactional Email properties? ie. using {{ custom.property }} does not work with either of the examples below

0 いいね!
jsianca
参加者

解決

Hi! This solution is great, I'm trying to to the same with a deal property and it's not working, can u help me with that?

0 いいね!
elanashama
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @ecdyson83 !

You can insert this property as a hyperlink by adding the following HTML to your email source code:

<a href="{{personalization_token}}">hyperlink text</a>. 

You can get the personalization token by inserting the property into your email, and then copying the property token name from the email source code. e.g. the "website URL" property, when viewed in the source code, is "{{ company.website }}". So, if I were using this property as my link, I would insert the following HTML into my email source code: <a href="{{ company.website }}">company website URL</a>. 

Essentially, your link will be the value of the property you created (e.g.https://ourdomain.net/abcd).

0 いいね!
ecdyson83
メンバー

解決

elanashama,

Thank you VERY MUCH for the reply.  Unfortunately I still can't figure out how to do this from your notes.

I think I got this to work.  Just sent an email to a couple of internal co-workers.  I could be back for more help.
Quick question ... I entered it all manually in source code.  Is that the only way to do it?

Thanks,

ecdyson83

0 いいね!
elanashama
解決策
トップ投稿者

解決

Happy to help @ecdyson83 . You can send me the name of the property you're trying to use as a link, as well as the link text, and I will send you the code. But seems like you managed 🙂

Regarding your question, you can do it by selecinng the text you want to link to the company URL, and in the URL field enter the personalization token.

Insert a link:

elanashama_0-1645521712886.png

Insert personalization token as URL:

elanashama_1-1645521746416.png