Email Marketing Tool

Doug_Honig

How to update persona with email form or button click

SOLVE

What is the recommended way to update a contact's persona (currently blank)  by having them click a form or button from within an email. My thought is to send an email to the contacts who do not have a persona selected. In this email, they will see buttons offering them a choice of which persona they identify as.  By clicking, their contact record will be updated with the persona they choose. How do I do this?  thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Alex_
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@doug,

This should be prettystraightt forward and you should be able to do this with button clicks:

• Add either a button or CTA to your email (I would use CTAs for this personally)
  • The link within the button could be a simple thank you landing page thanking them for clicking on whatever
  • Add that button or CTA to a workflow as the enrollment trigger
  • (Optional) Add an If/then branch action step and add the different buttons CTAs with Contact has clicked any version of the call-to-action criteria as branches where you can label each branch for each persona 
  • Add a Set property value action step, update the Property to set option to Persona and under Persona, choose whichever persona you want to associate to that branch and you're done (see examples below)

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080202.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080239.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080325.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080339.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080438.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Alex_
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@doug,

This should be prettystraightt forward and you should be able to do this with button clicks:

• Add either a button or CTA to your email (I would use CTAs for this personally)
  • The link within the button could be a simple thank you landing page thanking them for clicking on whatever
  • Add that button or CTA to a workflow as the enrollment trigger
  • (Optional) Add an If/then branch action step and add the different buttons CTAs with Contact has clicked any version of the call-to-action criteria as branches where you can label each branch for each persona 
  • Add a Set property value action step, update the Property to set option to Persona and under Persona, choose whichever persona you want to associate to that branch and you're done (see examples below)

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080202.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080239.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080325.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080339.png

Screenshot 2020-10-20 080438.png