Email Marketing Tool

TroyK

How to make newsletter form automatically add contact to a list in Hubspot?

SOLVE

I have a form and it's meant to be a newsletter subscription form on my website. It's working, except I can't seem to find a way to specify that the user who fills out the form should be added to a specific static list in hubspot. The contact comes into hubspot, but I have to manually add each new contact to a list. At the moment this is the only form I have working, but in the future I plan to have forms for other purposes and as it's working now, will have no way of knowing if the contact intended on signing up for the newsletter or not. So how can I get contacts added by my particular form to be automatically added to one of my static lists?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TroyK,

If you want to add contacts who submitted a form to a static list automatically, that would require workflows, available in the Professional subscriptions in HubSpot. In the free CRM, it's not possible. I'm not aware of any workarounds.

However, you could consider creating an active list instead of a static list. This type of list permanently filters for contacts that have submitted a specific form. From the list filters, select "Form submissions":

karstenkoehler_0-1637176312867.png

Then, specify the form:

karstenkoehler_1-1637176343501.png

As people fill out the form, they will join the list.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TroyK,

If you want to add contacts who submitted a form to a static list automatically, that would require workflows, available in the Professional subscriptions in HubSpot. In the free CRM, it's not possible. I'm not aware of any workarounds.

However, you could consider creating an active list instead of a static list. This type of list permanently filters for contacts that have submitted a specific form. From the list filters, select "Form submissions":

karstenkoehler_0-1637176312867.png

Then, specify the form:

karstenkoehler_1-1637176343501.png

As people fill out the form, they will join the list.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.