Email Marketing Tool

erikblues
Top Contributor

How to make 'featured_image' responsive in Blog Notification Email?

SOLVE

I can't get the blog notification email to resize the images automatically for mobile.

I am using a default simple template and didn't edit anything. It is basically this:

{{ post.title }}
{{ post.author_line }} {{ post.publish_date }}

{{ post.featured_image }}
{{ post.summary }}
<a href="{{post.url}}">Read more »t</a>

What am I missing? Why doesn't it adapt to mobile?

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 18.33.31.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
erikblues
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I recommend this article from hubspot: Optimize your email for mobile devices

From there, I found this link: Email template markup

There I found an example responsive email template. I went into the template designer, created a new email template and used it to create my email.

This seems to be working, MUCH BETTER than the completely useless templates in the "drag and drop" editor.

Note to hubspot: Those templates in drag and drop are NOT responsive. Seriously, take care of this.

Code I used and recommend:

EDIT: forum doesn't let me post more than 2000 characters. Go to the linkEmail template markup and copy the code under "Responsive email template" and use it for your template.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
erikblues
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I recommend this article from hubspot: Optimize your email for mobile devices

From there, I found this link: Email template markup

There I found an example responsive email template. I went into the template designer, created a new email template and used it to create my email.

This seems to be working, MUCH BETTER than the completely useless templates in the "drag and drop" editor.

Note to hubspot: Those templates in drag and drop are NOT responsive. Seriously, take care of this.

Code I used and recommend:

EDIT: forum doesn't let me post more than 2000 characters. Go to the linkEmail template markup and copy the code under "Responsive email template" and use it for your template.

ItsDave
Participant

SOLVE

There is not really much point to my response, other than to say that unless I'm pretty decent at HTML, using that source code you posted isn't going to help me much. I've been going back and forth between using the HS templates and then just using straight HTML instead--which is much more cumbersome than drag and drop, but as we all know the HS drag and drop, as well as a lot of their templates in the marketplace, don't seem to be responsive.

0 Upvotes