Email Marketing Tool

GandalfvanDyck

How to make an email template that is 100% of the view width

SOLVE

Hey guys,

Straight to the point:

I have a responsive email template im working on, althought I found the "email body width" field in content settings, I am unable to delete the value of this field, making it "fixed 600px". What I would like to have/achieve: a responsive email template that is 100% of the screen/view width.

Strain of though:

Just like HTML, I would want a 100% width DIV with inside a div that has a set width. This makes the email responsive to almost any device it is viewed on and also enables me to design a "flat, breathing or open" email design.

Examples:

I made 2 examples of what I have(fig.A) and what I would LIKE(fig.B).

what I have.PNGA. 

whatIwant.jpgB.

As you can see in "what I want", The header/top part of the email is 100% width with a #FAFAFA color background. I am unable to create the same feeling due to the "field width"!

Anyone that can help me with this :)?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@GandalfvanDyck,

I would first tell you that Hubspot knows a thing or two about emails and. while I fight with their email code constantly, you should know a thing or two before you go to far with customization. 

That being said, You can actually overwrite the css created by that width setting. All you need to do is use your browsers inspector tool to sift through the html and find the container(s)/tables(s) that are fixed width then set their width to your percentage in the head using !Important tags in the css. This might be a little difficult if you aren't familiar with the inspector tool.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@GandalfvanDyck,

I would first tell you that Hubspot knows a thing or two about emails and. while I fight with their email code constantly, you should know a thing or two before you go to far with customization. 

That being said, You can actually overwrite the css created by that width setting. All you need to do is use your browsers inspector tool to sift through the html and find the container(s)/tables(s) that are fixed width then set their width to your percentage in the head using !Important tags in the css. This might be a little difficult if you aren't familiar with the inspector tool.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GandalfvanDyck . I'm not sure that you can designate a percentage in the emial settings; it must be a definitive  pixel amount. 

Perhaps @Jsum might be able to assist? 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes