Email Marketing Tool

mpowell

How to get full name in recipient export

SOLVE

Is there a way to add a recipient's full name in the export for an email? Right now all I get by default is the email address, which can sometimes make it heard to identify the person's name.

1 Accepted solution
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @mpowell,

When exporting email recipients it is not possible to include the full name in the export file. However, you can export this file and then import it back into HubSpot (with one column for email address only) in order to create a static list that contains all the contacts with that email. You can then view the resulting static list or export it and include the first and last name as well as any other contact property values you want.

You can also create a smart list based on individuals who were sent or clicked a certain email, and this list can be exported and the name can be included.

Rami 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
CKinney4

SOLVE

Amazed this is not a basic feature - we have to go through 200 names manually, delete the email to comply with GDPR. 

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CKinney4,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that when on an email you do "export recipients list" you'd like to have the full name of the recipient, is that correct?

If that is the case, I therefore recommend you to post this idea on our Ideas Forum here.

And I encourage you to share and upvote for the idea ( this way it will have more chances to be implemented in the future), and follow the thread to receive the update status.

Thanks and have a great day!

Best,

Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
jjanek
Contributor

SOLVE

We're aware of this, however, in pop-up forms, we cannot choose options aside from "First Name" and "Last Name."

0 Upvotes
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @mpowell,

When exporting email recipients it is not possible to include the full name in the export file. However, you can export this file and then import it back into HubSpot (with one column for email address only) in order to create a static list that contains all the contacts with that email. You can then view the resulting static list or export it and include the first and last name as well as any other contact property values you want.

You can also create a smart list based on individuals who were sent or clicked a certain email, and this list can be exported and the name can be included.

Rami 

renatomcmello
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have one doubt about this topic.

In Brazil we usuly ask for Full Name on form fields.

Than I need to creat a new property (full name), but the first name will be empty.

Is there a way to fill the first name with automation using the source full name, but fill it just with the first name?

PS: I already created one workflow to copy property Full Name into First Name, but I need to exclued the last name.

Thanks,
Renato Mello

jjanek
Contributor

SOLVE

I have this same issue. As an international company, we deal with Full Names -- never First and Last names. This creates issues with individualization of automated emails and such, but it's mostly an issue in Forms because there are default questions (with First and Last Name) that cannot be edited.

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @jjanek,

Thanks for reaching out.

It is possible to remove the fields "first name" and "last name" from a form and use custom ones instead.

Take care!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !