Email Marketing Tool

BradJolly

How to get a shareable URL for an email?

SOLVE

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help with getting a shareable link for emails we sent out.

I've already read over this thread which seems to suggest you can't do it for previous emails (unless you clone it), as you can only do it as you are editing a new email: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Social-Tools/How-to-share-a-newsletter-email-in-the-social-networks....

However, the screenshot shows a a 'web version' toggle within the settings. Yet I don't appear to have this anywhere within the settings of the email I am creating (or anywhere else that I can find). Does anyone have any ideas?Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 11.50.21.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BradJolly,

Who would you like to share this email with? For external usage, the web version is indeed your best option: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-a-web-version-of-your-marketing-email

This feature is limited to the paid subscriptions in HubSpot. If you're on a free plan, this option will not show up.

If however you only want to use a preview of the email to share it with colleagues, you could follow these steps: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/how-to-preview-your-emails-in-30-different-inboxes

Click Actions > Preview > Copy shareable link and you're all set.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BradJolly,

Who would you like to share this email with? For external usage, the web version is indeed your best option: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/create-a-web-version-of-your-marketing-email

This feature is limited to the paid subscriptions in HubSpot. If you're on a free plan, this option will not show up.

If however you only want to use a preview of the email to share it with colleagues, you could follow these steps: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/how-to-preview-your-emails-in-30-different-inboxes

Click Actions > Preview > Copy shareable link and you're all set.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MCassidy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi  @karstenkoehler ,

Question for you - is there a way to access the web version link after the email has been sent? I fully understand how to access the link while editing the email, but we did not save the link while we were editing it as we thought we'd be able to copy and paste it after the email's been sent. For context, we sent out our monthly newsletter yesterday and we'd like to share the link to it on our social media platforms.

Thank you!
Maddie

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MCassidy,

If you enabled the web version, it should show as a link at the top of the marketing email. Simply navigate to Menu > Marketing > Emails, open your email, click the preview on the left. The email opens in another tab and you can right click and copy the web version link.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MCassidy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thank you SO much for responding so quickly! Unfortunately, maybe we designed our email template wrong because we do not have a link at the top of our marketing email for the web version. Here's what the email looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 9.19.30 AM.png

When I followed your instructions about navigating Menu > Marketing > Emails and then opening up our email, there is no "preview" button that I can find anywhere on the left. Here's a screenshot of what the top of that page looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 9.23.33 AM.png

Do you have any other ideas of how we could find the link? I find it hard to believe there's no way for us to find it now that we've sent the email out...

Again, thank you so much for helping with this!
Maddie

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MCassidy,

In the dropdown at the top, where it says "A/B Overview", you need to select a variant before this preview windows shows up.

Did you maybe not add the web version link to both variations of the email?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MCassidy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks so much for the help with troubleshooting. It looks like we didn't turn the web version on for both versions of the email, just what you suspected! Thanks so much for the help.

Maddie