Email Marketing Tool

MarianKaha
Contributor

How to create an RSS email with blog hosted on HS?

SOLVE

This is THE most basic question, but here is what I'm looking for. This article, but for a HS  blog. 

I want to create an RSS email with the options that are provided if you enter an external blog, in particular the interface that allows you to select how many items you want to display.
Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.59.41 PM.png

If I select HubSpot as the blog I'm creating the RSS email for, I don't see this as an option. I am selecting "instant," as the frequency but I still wanted to populate the email with the most recent three posts.

Obviously I can copy and paste the HubL code  from the wiziwig editor, but I wanted to make the interface more intuitive for my client should he want to make changes himself.

Thanks for any help.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

HI,  this is possible,  when you create an RSS email, you have the option to either use and external blog or a HubSpot blog.  If you select the HubSpot blog, then you'll get the options once you go to edit the main email body. 

I've recorded a video showing you how to do this.

Check out this Video

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero

View solution in original post

MarianKaha
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Tnichs ,

Thank you. Obviously that looks straightforward enough, but I think I figured out my issue which was slightly different. If I selected "instant" for the notication times rather than a different period, the editor did not display the option for number of posts. 😞

So I wound up selecting weekly and now see the max number of items to display. So I guess if you select instant you'll only be sending subscribers the most recent post that went up but can't include more than that.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
ACenci
Participant

SOLVE

@MarianKaha 

Yes, we are trying to create an RSS Feed Email from a WordPress blog to send out every other week or once a month. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

0 Upvotes
MarianKaha
Contributor

SOLVE

@ACenci -

Which template are you referring too? I've had loads of experience creating these feeds now so can probably point you to the right help thread in this community. In other words - are you trying to create an RSS feed email from an external blog?

0 Upvotes
ACenci
Participant

SOLVE

Was curious how you got to this template because we are trying to create a custom RSS email that does the same thing from an External Blog. Any help or advice is welcome. 

0 Upvotes
Tnichs
Solution

SOLVE

HI,  this is possible,  when you create an RSS email, you have the option to either use and external blog or a HubSpot blog.  If you select the HubSpot blog, then you'll get the options once you go to edit the main email body. 

I've recorded a video showing you how to do this.

Check out this Video

MarianKaha
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Tnichs ,

Thank you. Obviously that looks straightforward enough, but I think I figured out my issue which was slightly different. If I selected "instant" for the notication times rather than a different period, the editor did not display the option for number of posts. 😞

So I wound up selecting weekly and now see the max number of items to display. So I guess if you select instant you'll only be sending subscribers the most recent post that went up but can't include more than that.

Tnichs

SOLVE

HI Maria

yes, that's correct,if you select instant, it will send out when the article is published and therefore will only have one item.

MarianKaha
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for your help @Tnichs !

0 Upvotes