Email Marketing Tool

AllisonAltus
トップ投稿者

How to bulk edit IP time zone for contacts

解決

I have an imported list of contacts from a specific region. Currently their time zone is unknown. How do i bulk edit their IP time zone? I have tried workflow but this property is not found in contact properties. Also tried bulk editing from contacts view - again not possible. 

thank you 

Allison 

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
shearn
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

You aren't able to manually edit the IP timezone because the timezone is derived from the contacts IP address which is unknown until they interact with your site. In many cases, the IP timezone isn't populated due to restrictions on the contacts end.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
12件の返信
Teresin
参加者

解決

hello @PamCotton , 

that solution you last posted still only uses the contact IP address as the default field for personalization of time zone. I think the question is if we can somehow reassign that dependency to a different field, custom or not. 

THanks 

Teresa 

0 いいね!
PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello, @Teresin I would recommend commenting on this specific idea here, or to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DDuBois
参加者

解決

If the field is uneditable, fine, but can you please allow workflows to send emails based on a different (custom) field? I've created my own customer property for Time Zone and would be great if you could set workflow settings to send based on this property (or any other). 

0 いいね!
PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @DDuBois,

I was able to find this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum

The idea was delivered, 

Hello,

The new funtionality is now live to all customers. In order to time workflow actions respective to contact timezones, use the new Delay until a day or time delay, select a time, and enable the contact timezone option. While the Delay until a day or time delay is available in all workflows, the timezone option is specific to contact workflows.

PamCotton_0-1623877955383.png

Thank you,

Pam

shearn
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

You aren't able to manually edit the IP timezone because the timezone is derived from the contacts IP address which is unknown until they interact with your site. In many cases, the IP timezone isn't populated due to restrictions on the contacts end.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 いいね!
auto-mate
トップ投稿者

解決

Not really solved though.

If you want IP timezone to be editable please go here: HubSpot Community - Manually edit IP Time Zone - HubSpot Community

DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @auto-mate 🙂

Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 いいね!
zking
参加者

解決

We definitely need a way to edit the IP Timezone, either by API or workflow. Even more important now with the workflow rule "Use Contact timezone". I know the current address of 99% of my contacts and so know their IP Timezone with a high degree of accuracy but am unable to use the "Use Contact timezone" due to the restriction on editing the IP Timezone property. 

PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @zking 

At the moment it is not possible to edit since It is a default HubSpot fields set by HubSpot. but you can always use a custom field and use that.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Hope this information helps.

Kindly,

Pam

sgchili
参加者

解決

Would be nice if we could manually enter time zones for contacts based on criteria such as telephone area code.

hbecker
参加者

解決

Agree - there needs to be a manual way. some of my contacts IP time zones are fluctuating daily, so there is something wrong with the way HubSpot is identifying locations through IPs. 

alassman
参加者

解決

It is ridiculous that smart send works only according to the uneditable IP timezone property which is uneditable! There should be a way - using the contact's Country property to define the timezone for smart-sending emails!