How to bulk edit IP time zone for contacts

SOLVE
Highlighted
Top Contributor

I have an imported list of contacts from a specific region. Currently their time zone is unknown. How do i bulk edit their IP time zone? I have tried workflow but this property is not found in contact properties. Also tried bulk editing from contacts view - again not possible. 

thank you 

Allison 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor

You aren't able to manually edit the IP timezone because the timezone is derived from the contacts IP address which is unknown until they interact with your site. In many cases, the IP timezone isn't populated due to restrictions on the contacts end.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Advisor

You aren't able to manually edit the IP timezone because the timezone is derived from the contacts IP address which is unknown until they interact with your site. In many cases, the IP timezone isn't populated due to restrictions on the contacts end.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Would be nice if we could manually enter time zones for contacts based on criteria such as telephone area code.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Agree - there needs to be a manual way. some of my contacts IP time zones are fluctuating daily, so there is something wrong with the way HubSpot is identifying locations through IPs. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It is ridiculous that smart send works only according to the uneditable IP timezone property which is uneditable! There should be a way - using the contact's Country property to define the timezone for smart-sending emails!