How to assign link color in email template

Regular Contributor

Hello!

I am using this template:

https://app.hubspot.com/marketplace/26592/products/globalyogi-me/alalnde-email-one

and the linked text defaults to purple. I want to assign different link colors but can't figure out how to do this.

Can any one help?

Thank you!

Tara

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @TaraLeigh , 

Are you able to share an email preview link? I downloaded this template to my account and the links doens't seem to switch to purple.

I think this has something to do with your account settings. If you go into settings > marketing > email and scroll down, you'll find your email color settings. Maybe this is where you want to swap out the purple color. 

Kind regards,

Kim

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for responding Kim! I did check the settings and there was no purple.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 9.11.54 AM.png

What I ended up doing was adding "style="color: #e03a3e;"" after the "a href":

<a href="https://www.sharprint.com/screen-print/all-over-printing" style="color: #e03a3e;"

I did this in the email though for each link, because I couldn't figure out how to change the general styling in the template. The link color also doesn't change on hover or visted.

This is the information I found to add for general styling:

/* unvisited link */
a:link {
  color: red;
}

/* visited link */
a:visited {
  color: green;
}

/* mouse over link */
a:hover {
  color: hotpink;
}

/* selected link */
a:active {
  color: blue;
}

I couldn't figure out where/how to add that to the module source code. Here it is in it's current state. I do have the color assigned to the one link I made in the template:

<h1><span style="font-size: 30px; display: inline-block; margin-bottom: 10px;">Multipurpose Email Template</span></h1>
<p>Edit this text module and write more <a href="https://www.sharprint.com/screen-print/all-over-printing" style="color: #e03a3e;" rel=" noopener">relevant information</a> about your product or service. The description should be detailed and clear. Write everything that your product offers. Through rich text editor, you can make text bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, superscript, subscript etc.<br><br>With Alande email template, you can add Images, Call to action buttons, Style your elements and change colors easily through Hubspot design manager. You can do all these without any coding experience.</p>
<p style="margin: 0in; margin-bottom: .0001pt;"><span lang="EN-AU" style="color: black;">Offering you one of the most responsive, modern, and neat email templates. The <strong>easy-to-use design</strong> is way ahead of its league. And, we tell you why.</span><span lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
<ul>
<li>Multipurpose Email Template</li>
<li>Responsive layout</li>
<li>Drag-and-drop builder</li>
<li>Can be customized with HubSpot Design Manager</li>
<li>Easy to Use</li>
<li>Mobile-friendly with social-sharing feature</li>
<li>600+ library of Font awesome icons</li>
<li>Tested in all major email clients</li>
<li>Has <g class="gr_ gr_31 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" id="31" data-gr-id="31">multiplatform</g> support</li>
<li>Documentation and friendly support readily available</li>
</ul>

Thoughts?

0 Upvotes