How to Implement an Anchor Link within a Marketing Email

SOLVE
SIntgroen

Is there a reccommended way to implement anchor links within a HubSpot marketing email? I understand that various email clients are not 'compatible' / support anchor links, but some of our companies content heavy emails could really benefit from this capability. So far, I have tested adjusting the HTML of several text modules with the basic function... "<a href="#article1"> <a name="article1">, but the functionality was unsuccessful with my emails to Outlook and Gmail. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer

Hi @SIntgroen,

Finding conflicting information on this. According to other users, Gmail and Outlook don't seem to support anchor links, see here and here. This article however claims that it should work, "How to add anchor links in emails".

Have you tried whether the web version of your email works fine with the anchor links? If yes, then that'd confirm that it's set up correctly but it's not supported.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer

Hi @SIntgroen,

Finding conflicting information on this. According to other users, Gmail and Outlook don't seem to support anchor links, see here and here. This article however claims that it should work, "How to add anchor links in emails".

Have you tried whether the web version of your email works fine with the anchor links? If yes, then that'd confirm that it's set up correctly but it's not supported.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
webdew
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @SIntgroen ,

If I am not wrong then you are looking to track links that are being sent in email?

I found this KB that you can refer to-
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/insert-and-manage-anchor-links#:~:text=Create%20an%20an....

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
LMersr

Oh thanku sir for this informative and useful guidance about anchor link I will apply the same process on my project.

0 Upvotes