Email Marketing Tool

SIntgroen

How to Implement an Anchor Link within a Marketing Email

SOLVE

Is there a reccommended way to implement anchor links within a HubSpot marketing email? I understand that various email clients are not 'compatible' / support anchor links, but some of our companies content heavy emails could really benefit from this capability. So far, I have tested adjusting the HTML of several text modules with the basic function... "<a href="#article1"> <a name="article1">, but the functionality was unsuccessful with my emails to Outlook and Gmail. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SIntgroen,

Finding conflicting information on this. According to other users, Gmail and Outlook don't seem to support anchor links, see here and here. This article however claims that it should work, "How to add anchor links in emails".

Have you tried whether the web version of your email works fine with the anchor links? If yes, then that'd confirm that it's set up correctly but it's not supported.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SIntgroen ,

If I am not wrong then you are looking to track links that are being sent in email?

I found this KB that you can refer to-
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/insert-and-manage-anchor-links#:~:text=Create%20an%20an....

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

BBattles

SOLVE

The original question (and same problem I am having) is how to add anchor links in EMAILS.  The page you reference, and only instructions I can find in KB, are for adding anchors to WEBPAGES.  Is it possible to add anchors to email body in H.S.?

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BBattles,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

And thanks to @karstenkoehler and to @webdew for your help on this!

As you have mentioned @BBattles, I also found this article "Insert and manage anchor links" that indicated that "it's not recommended to use anchor links in emails, as they aren't supported by some email clients. ".

However, I found for you the solution from @Philipp_W on this similar post "E-Mail anchor links" that might help you!

Also, I have found this similar idea already submitted: "Anchor in email".

I'd recommend supporting the Idea with an upvote and explaining your use case in the comments.

Our product team uses that forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers.

Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

BBattles

SOLVE

Thanks.  I saw your prior post.  I tried  <a>anchorname</a>  but it didn't work.  Note I am trying to create an anchor to another location within the same email (and not a webpage)

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SIntgroen,

Finding conflicting information on this. According to other users, Gmail and Outlook don't seem to support anchor links, see here and here. This article however claims that it should work, "How to add anchor links in emails".

Have you tried whether the web version of your email works fine with the anchor links? If yes, then that'd confirm that it's set up correctly but it's not supported.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TGolden1
Participant

SOLVE

That article "how to add anchor links in emails" helped! I was able to successfully add an anchor tag in my marketing email. Tested on Outlook desktop, Outlook web, gmail on iPhone, and gmail on Android. Worked correctly for each test.

0 Upvotes