Email Marketing Tool

jademartin

How do you manage your member or customer only email subscription?

SOLVE

Hi all, 

We're a membership company. For the longest time, we have had our outward-facing subscriptions i.e. podcast updates, event updates, etc. and then we have had a hidden list where we add our members IF they are opted in to another list AND match our membership filters. 

What this means is that a member can't technically unsubscribe from the member list - they have to unsubscribe from all emails because the member list doesn't show in the preference center. 

We're thinking about adding the member list to the preference center and setting up a workflow to automatically remove non-members. 

Has anyone done anything similar? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jademartin,

Sorry, we took this into consideration with the other organization that I consulted with. In their case, they had weekly or monthly subscriptions in which people could unsubscribe from. We took the same approach and used list membership for these as well. To keep GDPR compliance, an individual also had the option to completely remove their subscription and data, in which it were a true unsubscribe, not list membership.

Hopefully, that doesn't confuse things too much!

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jademartin,

Sorry, we took this into consideration with the other organization that I consulted with. In their case, they had weekly or monthly subscriptions in which people could unsubscribe from. We took the same approach and used list membership for these as well. To keep GDPR compliance, an individual also had the option to completely remove their subscription and data, in which it were a true unsubscribe, not list membership.

Hopefully, that doesn't confuse things too much!

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

jademartin

SOLVE

Thank you @Josh and @TiphaineCuisset. This is similar to what we do at the moment, but confusion arises when members see our public subscription lists in the preferences center but can't see their member subscription there as well. 

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @jademartin,

I haven't implemented this myself, but I did consult an organization to implement this. They were in a similar situation in which they wanted to allow for unsubscribes, but also allow the member to unsubscribe from specific things, not everything. From feedback I have received from them, using active list membership has been working very well for them. When they are no longer a member, they are removed from this list. There is an additional list for members that do not want to receive marketing emails. In that case, they are always on an exclusion list for marketing emails but can continue to receive membership emails.

Josh

Thank you for the ping @TiphaineCuisset 

Josh Curcio

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jademartin 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this @Josh @rikkilear do you have any thoughts for @jademartin on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes