Email Marketing Tool

neillebo
Participant

How do you add on to an existing workflow ? When I do, all existing people don't continue on

Hi. I know this is by design. That if they all finished the workflow, then adding a new delay and a new email for ex, the old/original people wont' get it. Only newly enrolled ones will. Since I want all people in that workflow to always get all automated emails, how can I do this ? again, new folk get the emails and do the whole revised flow, but original folks are considered complete?    I was thinking of a work around that for now on, I never let a workflow end.. I would add a one year delay at the bottom and then revise edit as needed. Anyone know how?

3 Replies 3
Bruno_Teixeira
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

How do you add on to an existing workflow ? When I do, all existing people don't continue on

Hello @neillebo ,

I suggest to you to add a new action in the end of your workflow to "Enroll in another workflow". So when your contact ends your actual workflow, he would automatically be enrolled in another workflow, where you can put a delay at the beginning if you want.

Otherwise, I would suggest to you to change your actual workflow triggers.

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us
rtrev87
Participant

Hey Bruno,

The problem I see with this recommendation is that as your year goes on and your content grows you'll have to add a new nurturing workflow per additional content. So you're going to end up with multiple workflows to manage. 

Also, let's say when you setup your nurturing workflow for Interest A that contains Contents 1, 2, and 3 in January. Later on in August you have new content for Interest A that could be added to the interest A workflow, let's say Contents 3 & 4. Currrently, I would add this new content to the workflow to keep my workflows organized. Otherwise there will be tons of new workflows as content is being produced by the marketing team. But what about old leads that have already been through this workflow?

There is also the case on where the lead arrives: it could be any content number: 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. If they land on Content 5, it would be interesting for them to see Content's 1-4. However, since I opted to created a new workflow for content 4 and a new one for content 5, per your suggestion, then I have to add a "send to workflow Interest A 1-3" trigger at the end" and then add a trigger to send to content 4 workflow at the end of the 1-3 workflow. What about people who have already gone through 1-3 and 4 and the rules are that people shouldn't go through the workflow multiple times? Should we also have a trigger for content 5? This seems like a mess. And also, we have to keep people from not getting the same content and emails. 

How would you go about this type of situation?

Sorry for the long response.

Cheers,

Ruben

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @neillebo 

Thank you for reaching out

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Bruno_Teixeira @MatthewShepherd @ndwilliams3 any insight to share with @neillebo on this? 

Thank you!

Best, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !