Email Marketing Tool

DBorg
Contributor

How do I send event reminders best?

SOLVE

Hi, 
We have a lot of events that we invite people to via eventbrite. 

We have been sending out reminders for people who registered through Hubspot Marketing Email.

I was thinking that this might both impact our marketing sending status negatively and risk that people dont get these reminders to the same extent, is this correct? 

If it is so, should I always send all reminders through Eventbrite?
Or should I activate Transactional email in Hubspot instead because there are many advantages with that?

If it is so, how

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DBorg. May I ask, why do you think you're being negatively impacted by sending reminders via HubSpot? Are you seeing spam indicators or bounces? 

I would say setting up a reminder workflow via HubSpot is best practice, building a date-specific workflow. This would not be transactional emails, but a marketing email series. Transactional emails are more for registration or memberships and such. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DBorg,

You're correct, if these emails have the sole purpose of reminding contacts to participate, they are usually considered transactional. (Always check with your legal team to confirm.)

The transactional email add on from HubSpot isn't exactly cheap. I haven't worked with Eventbrite much yet, but GoToWebinar offers that these reminders are sent as transactional from GoToWebinar. These emails won't have the same look and feel as your HubSpot emails. If that's important to you, the add on is the way to go.

I consult companies who find the add on too expensive. A workaround can be creating a subscription type for transactional emails and simply opting all contacts into it. However, if a contact unsubscribes from all email, they'll be unsubscribed from this type, too. The actual transactional email add on will ignore the unsubscribe status.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
DBorg
Contributor

SOLVE

These reminders of events that the contact has already registered to are usually sent to a smaller group, so I have not seen any bounces there yet. But sometimes they have opted out of marketing and we had to send to those contacts separately.
I was thinking that these reminders are not a marketing email?
And should benefit from being sent as a transactional email?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DBorg,

You're correct, if these emails have the sole purpose of reminding contacts to participate, they are usually considered transactional. (Always check with your legal team to confirm.)

The transactional email add on from HubSpot isn't exactly cheap. I haven't worked with Eventbrite much yet, but GoToWebinar offers that these reminders are sent as transactional from GoToWebinar. These emails won't have the same look and feel as your HubSpot emails. If that's important to you, the add on is the way to go.

I consult companies who find the add on too expensive. A workaround can be creating a subscription type for transactional emails and simply opting all contacts into it. However, if a contact unsubscribes from all email, they'll be unsubscribed from this type, too. The actual transactional email add on will ignore the unsubscribe status.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DBorg
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you,
I have another question about transactional email:
Are onboarding emails always marketing email, or can the first one I send out after a contact has joined/opted in via form to be considered and sent as a transactional email?

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DBorg. May I ask, why do you think you're being negatively impacted by sending reminders via HubSpot? Are you seeing spam indicators or bounces? 

I would say setting up a reminder workflow via HubSpot is best practice, building a date-specific workflow. This would not be transactional emails, but a marketing email series. Transactional emails are more for registration or memberships and such. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/