Email Marketing Tool

JBLindberg
Participant

How do I see replies to Marketing Email?

Résolue

We're new to HubSpot, and we are currently using the Free tools. 

We have multiple users set up in our HubSpot (let's call them user1, user2, etc.) 

When user1 sends an email to an individual contact, and they reply, we can see the reply body when viewing that contact (in the Activity tab). But when we send a bulk email (Marketing Email) with user1's email as the sender and reply-to, we don't see the body of the replies, only the fact that a reply was sent. How do we see the actual reply content to bulk emails? 

We tried connecting user2's email address to the Email Channel of the Conversations Inbox. Now when we send bulk Marketing Email using user2's email address as the sender / reply-to, and someone replies, we can see the body of those replies in the Inbox. But this only works if we use user2's email address as the sender / reply-to. 

Is there any way for user1 to send an email to a List and see the content of the replies? 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Jnix284
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Hi @JBLindberg to see replies, you would need to send from either user1 or user2 email, but use a reply-to address that is a group email that is connected to the conversations inbox. You shouldn't be connecting an individual user's email to the conversations inbox.

Here is the knowledge base article for tracking replies to marketing emails.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
Jnix284
Solution

Résolue

Hi @JBLindberg to see replies, you would need to send from either user1 or user2 email, but use a reply-to address that is a group email that is connected to the conversations inbox. You shouldn't be connecting an individual user's email to the conversations inbox.

Here is the knowledge base article for tracking replies to marketing emails.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

JBLindberg
Participant

Résolue

Thanks for the clarification, Jennifer. So if I understand correctly, in order to see the content of replies to a bulk email, the reply-to address must be connected to the Inbox. And we can only have one email address connected to the Inbox. We only have one Inbox in either the Free or Starter plans, so that means we need to use just one Team Email address as the reply-to for all bulk emails if we want to see the actual reply message in HubSpot. Is that accurate?

Jnix284

Résolue

Hi @JBLindberg, yes you got it! 🙂

0 Votes
JBLindberg
Participant

Résolue

Thanks @Jnix284 - as a followup question, when these email replies arrive in the Inbox, is there a straightforward way to automatically or efficiently assign them to the company/contact owner? We have three users that are responsible for different categories of companies, and we want to make it easy for them to see the replies that relate to them and not have to scan through all the replies. 

0 Votes
Jnix284

Résolue

@JBLindberg you would need paid sales or service seats to automatically route conversations

One thing you can do is include 'contact owner' in the Contact about section which is visible from the conversations inbox in the sidebar and have one team member triage the incoming replies to assign them and/or notify the sales team user to reply.