Email Marketing Tool

Davyvanlooij

How can I import images from our WordPress website?

SOLVE

Hi all,

We just acquired Hubspot and are implementing some stuff from our old wordpress website. I need to import the images we have on Wordpress into Hubspot and therefore my question is, is it possible to make a export from WordPress and import all these images in Hubspot? If answer is yes, how can I arrange this?

I hope someone can enlighten me.

Kind regards,

Davy 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Davyvanlooij,

There are a couple of different ways to do this.  I would probably use an ftp client to download the images from the content/uploads folder in my Wordpress website, however if you are not comfortable using FTP, you could also use a plugin like Bulk Attachment Download to download a zip archive to your computer.

Once you have the files locally on your computer, unzip your archive, then go to Marketing > Files and Templates > Files in HubSpot.  Click on the images folder.  Click Upload Files.  Select all the images from your WordPress archive, and uplaud your files.  This may take some time if you have lotsa of images.

A word of advice:  Once you've downloaded your files from WordPress, it might be worth taking a few minutes to review the content in the file you downloaded and delete any old images that shouldn't be there.  It will save time and effort in the long run, since it will be easier to find the best images in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

- Trevor

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Davyvanlooij,

There are a couple of different ways to do this.  I would probably use an ftp client to download the images from the content/uploads folder in my Wordpress website, however if you are not comfortable using FTP, you could also use a plugin like Bulk Attachment Download to download a zip archive to your computer.

Once you have the files locally on your computer, unzip your archive, then go to Marketing > Files and Templates > Files in HubSpot.  Click on the images folder.  Click Upload Files.  Select all the images from your WordPress archive, and uplaud your files.  This may take some time if you have lotsa of images.

A word of advice:  Once you've downloaded your files from WordPress, it might be worth taking a few minutes to review the content in the file you downloaded and delete any old images that shouldn't be there.  It will save time and effort in the long run, since it will be easier to find the best images in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

- Trevor

- Trevor

Davyvanlooij

SOLVE

Hi Trevor,

I still have one question remaining. Right now, you have helped me with the download of all content from the WordPress website and import them in Hubspot. We have added all blogs into Hubspot as well, but the lay-out is not as it was on the wordpress website. The images all disappeared. Now, to do this manually, is going to take some time. So, my question is, can we do this in bulk as well?

Kind regards,

Davy

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hey there @Davyvanlooij,

Your best approach to this challenge will be to use 301 redirects to redirect your old image URL's to your HubSpot Image URL's.  

Your WordPress Image Tags Look Like This:

wp-tag.png

Your HubSpot Image Tags Look Like this:

HubTag.png

Where (PortalID) is your HubSpot portal ID and  Skeet-Shooter.jpg is just a sample image file.  These are examples and yours may be different

Click the gear in the top right of your portal, then click "Domains and URL's".  Then, click the URL Redicts Tab (You may have  a link that says "URL mappings will be moving here soon."  If so click that.) Then click "Add a new Redirect in" the top right and say add one. 

You'll want to build a flexible pattern URL, because WordPress includes the post date in its directory structure.  This post explains how to do that:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-user-guide/how-to-use-the-url-mapping-tool-to-redirect-pages?u... 

Grab everything between the https and the month (01/) subdirectory in your wordpress image URL and redirect it to everything between https: and "Images/" in your HubSpot URL.

Once you're done, all of your images should show up correctly.  (This assumes that your domain name has already been pointed at your HubSpot site.)

Hope this wasn't too confusing!

Trevor

- Trevor

Davyvanlooij

SOLVE

Hi Trevor,

Thank you so much for your answer. Via the Bulk Plug-in I was able to download all media. 

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Davy

0 Upvotes