Email Marketing Tool

EShumely
Participant | Diamond Partner

How can I force HubSpot to maintain the spaces on a field

SOLVE

I pass an entire text via costume field. the text contains newlines and overall looks readable on the platform.

when I add this field to an email it removes all of them. (much like it does on the details history) How can I force HubSpot to maintain the spaces when it is sent by email? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EShumely,

I'd assume it works for external emails as well, as usually the functionalities don't differ. Of course I'd recommend testing.

If it doesn't work, then unfortunately it's not possible yet, as the HubSpot Idea post is also still open.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EShumely,

Are you referring to a multi-line text property and the line not breaking correctly? If so, then yes, HubSpot does not behave as expected here. Xou would have to work with HTML line breaks <br> as shown in this post.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
EShumely

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , thank you for your answer. I can see based on the thread that it is apply to internal emails. I've tried to add the text with the tag in my API call but it doesn't look nice on the platform (we see the tag itself, not the new line) at which point can we add this so it won't affect the data on HubSpot? 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EShumely,

Where exactly do you not see this working? The fix above is specifically for using multi-line text as personalization tokens in internal or external emails.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
EShumely

SOLVE

got it. on the thread, you provided it says we can only use it for internal emails. 

but I'll check. 

I'm retrieving the data from a google sheet, I thought I should replace the new line \n with the Html tag on my string variable when I'm passing the data to HubSpot. that didn't go well. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EShumely,

I'd assume it works for external emails as well, as usually the functionalities don't differ. Of course I'd recommend testing.

If it doesn't work, then unfortunately it's not possible yet, as the HubSpot Idea post is also still open.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler