How can I add social links to every email without having to manually update them every time?

Occasional Contributor

At the moment, I'm manually adding in each of our social media links to my email footers for every email I send out. I'm using the Follow Me - Email module but I'm not sure where to edit this so I can use it as a global module with the correct links and icons that I can just drop into every email. Is there a way to do this in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
Advisor

Hi @JenniferDuck 

You should be able to edit this in Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.  You should be able to create your module there by cliicking on Global Content > Global Modules in the Left Sidebar, then click File at the top left and New File in Global Modules.  Once you've created you module you should be able to save it there and have it be available in Global Modules.

- Trevor

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Advisor

Hey @JenniferDuck,

As mentioned above by @trevorjones71 you can edit this in the design manager.  I recorded a quick video showing you how you can do it in your own account using the design tools.  I hope you find this helpful!

https://www.useloom.com/share/60640eedcfc94797acdc621371840cca

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris, thank you so much for taking the time to record the video - it's really helpful! That would be the absolute ideal solution and I see you can also add a custom image for each social link which is great. 

The problem I'm having is that I'm using the default module, or a clone of it, so the Hubl looks like the below image and I'm having trouble knowing where to edit it to give me my four social links with custom images that I can just drop into every email. 

Would you recommend using a different module in this case? 

Hubl-Follow-Me-Email.PNG

Advisor

Hey @JenniferDuck 

Ahh, so I believe in the default module you can setup your social settings in the cog menu:

Social - HubSpot - Google Chrome 2019-03-18 10.46.59.png

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi @JenniferDuck,

The code you're looking for is here: 

{%- set network = fm|selectattr('iconName','equalto',networkName)|last -%}
{%- set imgURL = network.iconName ~'_legacy_color.png' -%}

I would add your new logo files on in the right column and name them like this: (network)_myfile.png and then edit the HubL above to look like this:

{%- set network = fm|selectattr('iconName','equalto',networkName)|last -%}
{%- set imgURL = network.iconName ~'_myfile.png' -%}

Then, in your Settings > Social, only have the four networks that you want to use added on the "Follow Me" tab like @Bryantworks suggests.

-Trevor

Occasional Contributor

Thanks @trevorjones71  and @Bryantworks!

So I think that solution is for the Follow Me module, which I was able to edit perfectly thanks to help from you both - thank you!!

But as I've already started using the Follow Me - Email module and I like the layout of that one, I'll need to keep on with that module for consistency. Unless I can somehow recreate it as another module it seems I'll need to keep adding each social link manually each time I create an email for now. 

I really appreciate your help here!

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Hi @JenniferDuck,

Have you seen this help document? Customize the Follow Me - Email Module 

You should be able to save you clone and add it to your email templates.

-Trevor

-Trevor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @trevorjones71 , I did, thank you! That's the way I've been doing it up to this point but wondered if there was a way to have all my links and images already loaded in so all I'd have to do was add the module and they all appear, rather than having to go in and manually add each one each time. My other issue is that one of my links goes to Vimeo which isn't a 'channel' in that module so would have to be a custom icon each time, which isn't a problem with our email volume at the moment, just one of those little things I was wondering if I could be making easier or saving time on!

Thanks again for all your help, appreciate it!

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Hey @JenniferDuck what you might want to do is reuse a bit less robust module like the one in my video above.  You could customize that one with your vimeo and then in turn replace the "Follow me - Email" module with that one?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Trevor! That is helpful, I wondered if you had any experience in editing the content of the 'follow me - email' default module? That's where I'm running into the issue and if I could add everything into the code there and then convert it to a global module it would avoid the manual aspect.

0 Upvotes
Advisor

@JenniferDuck, what you want to do is edit your email templates.  If you already have a clone of the Follow-Me Email module saved, you just need to add that to each of your existing email templates, so that it's there instead of the default module when you go to create a new email.

If you go to the design manager and select Templates > Email in the left sidebar you should be able to edit each of your email templates.  Delete the old follow me - Email module from the template and add the clone that you've edited.  Once that's done and you've saved the new template, the new module will be there each time you create a new email.

You'll probably have to edit several templates, but if you go through the exercise once, you'll never have to do it again.

Make Sense?

-Trevor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Trevor - it does make sense, however I'm still having to add each of my social networks manually even with the cloned module in each of my email templates. I thought I'd got around it by adding the default choices in one of my emails then converting it to a global module but apparently not, think I need to do some more digging on this one. Thank you for all your help!

0 Upvotes