Email Marketing Tool

Lucy

HTML Newsletter Template Text Can't be Edited

SOLVE

Hello,

We recently rebranded and the designer created a newsletter template for us. However, whenever I put it on HubSpot it won't allow me to edit the text, it is essentially just like a picture. I spoke with HubSpot support but this was their response:

"This would be the way this template is built. The designer would need to add more code to make this editable each time you want to create a new email or you can edit this text from the template itself and then clone it each time you want to send another email. However I would not really recommend this as it can get very messy having to go into the HTML code each time you want to send an email campaign out."

The designer claims he can't edit it as he created it on MailChimp and it is quite a complicated template so we are struggling to rebuild it with drag and drop in HubSpot.

Can someone direct me to where I can find code to enable this template to be edited? I only have the HTML file so I can't add it on here as an attachment.

Thank you so much!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: HTML Newsletter Template Text Can't be Edited?

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Sounds like the 'designer' sold you a hard-coded template, so this will probably NOT be a quick fix. (facepalm)

It's Friday and it's late, but maybe you can catch a HubSpot designer / developer before the end of the day.

First things first, close this post out and re-post it in the Design Forum. Be sure to include all that good info you originally included. That way real HubSpot designers and developers who rarely venture out of their domain have a better chance of seeing this question fast.

Once re-posted, dump the contents of that file right in your post using that funky little code icon thingy '</>' in the icon bar.

/*Doing that last step will make your code look like this*/ 
MailChimp templates can be quite large, so don't be suprised if it fills up a few screens worth ...

Honestly, unless the big gun devs have secret kung fu we don't know about, you have limited options depending on the urgency of your project.

-1- Do what HubSpot Support told you not to do -- i.e., clone and edit the template code directly every time you want to send a new newsletter email. (not recommended)

-2- Download a drag-n-drop newsletter template from the HubSpot Marketplace and forget about that other template (for now).

-3- Have a real HubSpot designer build you a drag-n-drop email tempate that will allow you to edit for each newsletter release.

Wish the news was better.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: HTML Newsletter Template Text Can't be Edited?

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Sounds like the 'designer' sold you a hard-coded template, so this will probably NOT be a quick fix. (facepalm)

It's Friday and it's late, but maybe you can catch a HubSpot designer / developer before the end of the day.

First things first, close this post out and re-post it in the Design Forum. Be sure to include all that good info you originally included. That way real HubSpot designers and developers who rarely venture out of their domain have a better chance of seeing this question fast.

Once re-posted, dump the contents of that file right in your post using that funky little code icon thingy '</>' in the icon bar.

/*Doing that last step will make your code look like this*/ 
MailChimp templates can be quite large, so don't be suprised if it fills up a few screens worth ...

Honestly, unless the big gun devs have secret kung fu we don't know about, you have limited options depending on the urgency of your project.

-1- Do what HubSpot Support told you not to do -- i.e., clone and edit the template code directly every time you want to send a new newsletter email. (not recommended)

-2- Download a drag-n-drop newsletter template from the HubSpot Marketplace and forget about that other template (for now).

-3- Have a real HubSpot designer build you a drag-n-drop email tempate that will allow you to edit for each newsletter release.

Wish the news was better.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
rescott
Participant

SOLVE

Where do we find the Design Forum? I am looking through the HubSpot Community, and I cannot find anything called the Design Forum.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @rescott,

The design forum and the developer forum merged in since the last response in this thread. You can access this forum by clicking "developers" on the Community homepage. You can find the CMS development board here.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes