Email Marketing Tool

carloslo
Participant

From a free account to a starter account

SOLVE

Hi, I am new here and would like to ask 2 questions.

1. If I have 2000 contacts in my free account, can I buy 1000 contacts in the starter account? Or I must buy 2000 contacts?

2. For the 5X contant tier emails per month in the starter account, does it means I can send 5 emails to each person per month? Or, I buy 1000 contants starter accounts, can I send 20 emails to 50 out of 1000 contacts per month?

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi, that's absolutely correct. The contact tier limit is a total contacts, not a unique contacts limit. It's based upon the number of contacts in your database. So if you delete some, they do not count towards your limit. If you go to the contacts screen and ensure there are no filters, you'll see how many contacts you have.

Screenshot 2020-02-19 09.12.08.png

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Tnichs

SOLVE
HI The price tiering is based upon the number of contacts that you have in the portal at the time of purchase and at renewal date. So if you have 2000 in your portal, you'll need to buy 2000. For the email limit, think of it as a global limit - i.e. if you have 2000 contacts, then you'd be able to send 10,000 total emails, it's not limited per person. Hope that helps. Trevor.

carloslo
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you very much, Trevor!

An follow-up question, if I buy 2000 accounts, but evetually I find that 100 accounts are not active and I want to detele them, can I replace these 100 accounts by other new clients? i.e. I can manage (add, delete or replace) these 2000 accounts without extra charges it the changes does not exceed the 2000 accounts limit, right?

0 Upvotes
Tnichs
Solution

SOLVE

Hi, that's absolutely correct. The contact tier limit is a total contacts, not a unique contacts limit. It's based upon the number of contacts in your database. So if you delete some, they do not count towards your limit. If you go to the contacts screen and ensure there are no filters, you'll see how many contacts you have.

Screenshot 2020-02-19 09.12.08.png

0 Upvotes