Email Marketing Tool

asktrec
Teilnehmer/-in

Forwarding an email creates unwanted format changes

I use Marketing Hub Starter to create marketing emails. I usually use a side-by-side layout with images on the left, and corresponding text on the right. The problem I'm having is, whenever a recipient forwards one of our emails to anyone, the layout breaks. For example, let's say I send myself an email newsletter, and open it in my gmail. It looks correct: Images on the left, text on the right. Then I forward the newsletter to one of my colleagues: Now, the layout changes to where everything is stacked. Images appear alone on a line, with text below them. Is there any way to make sure our desired layout stays the same even when an email is forwarded? Most email editors can handle this, especially with a platform as universal as gmail. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

7 Antworten
lesleyf3
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I am having this issue too and have been asking HubSpot for months for a solution!

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @lesleyf3 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Unfortunately, emails are likely to break when they're forwarded, that's not limited to HubSpot. 

I want to share the following article that explains why forwarded emails can break and tips to avoid it:

When Forwarded Emails Break

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
asktrec
Teilnehmer/-in

I can confirm from my 10+ years of experience with email marketing, Hubspot is the only platform I've encountered that has this issue to this extent. I've used Emma, Mailchimp, Active Campaign, and Constant Contact, and Hubspot is by far the least reliable when it comes to the stability of html email format and design.

WHasselman
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks for your quick response! I'm quite surprised that HubSpot seems to be unable to solve this problem in an adequate manner. I don't require a 100% forward function, but at least 95% should be reasonable to my opinion. Because of this lack of functionality, I have perhaps to reconsider my choice for Hubspot as my preferred email marketing system. 

lesleyf3
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

It actually seems that only Hubspot has this issue that I have seen from numerous trials with other software. It's really poor from a very expensive software.

WHasselman
Teilnehmer/-in

Unfortunately I'm struggling with the same issue. Before, I used Mailchimp and didn't have any problem with forwarding my newsmail through outlook. Recently, I implemented HubSpot because of its professional CRM features, but honestly I'm really disappointed since forwarded newsmails have completely lost the original design. This gives a very bad impression. I can't understand why a professional system like HubSpot is way behind a simple system like Mailchimp regarding the feature of forwarding newsmails. 

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @asktrec 

Thank you for reaching out and Welcome to the Community. I want to share with you this thread that could help; as well as this following article that explains why forwarded emails can break and tips to avoid it: 

When Forwarded Emails Break 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !