HubSpot Ideas

LaraPeachtree

Exporting HTML for third party deployment

Need to easily export emails created in Hubspot for third party deployment!

33 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

It's not currently possible to export templates. You will need to go to the template builder and copy/past HTML. 

SheilaBTP
I’m not sure what that means. Does it mean I’d create the HTML in HubSpot and then copy the code to share with the third party who’ll be sending it?
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @SheilaBTP,

The steps you would take will depend on your end goal and where you are getting stuck.

If you were, for example, working with a template within the template manager, you could follow these steps: 

Marketing > Files & Templates > Design Tools. Under the Finder on the left side of the page, find the template you are looking for. Right-click on this, and you will see an option on the drop-down to view the template source. This shows all the code used to build this template.

You can copy and share this to enable others to work with the template by pasting it into a new file. 

Thank you,
Jenny

kelseyhamon
Participant

This isn't super helpful if you want to send an html file to a third party to send out on your behalf. Many ask that you just send the final html file over, not a template that then have to go in and edit. Marketo and Pardot both offer an option on individual emails to export as html file. Is this something Hubspot could develop and implement for third party marketing? 

Ktrob

I am looking for the same functionality.

Colby_H

I am also looking for the same functionality.

NicTrn

I am looking for the same feature, export email to html

jjanek
Contributor

I'm also looking for this function. I frequently have to jump to other software and create emails that are duplicates of our HubSpot emails so that we can have them sent by third-parties.

LK638
Contributor
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @LK638 ,

Thank you for sharing this idea! As a reminder for new users in this thread, 

Upvoting the idea above will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

kelseyhamon
Participant

To all on this thread! Be sure to go here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Download-Email-HTML/idi-p/36657 and upvote that original feature request. The more they get there, the sooner they'll look at implementing. 

MMalafaia

Yeah, I've done that, but then again, if you check the thread date is from november 2017 and marked as not currently planned, so it's not looking good. If this hasn't been addressed in over 3 years, guess they're not really interested in helping us with this request.

I could easily do this with mailchimp almost a decade ago. Shame on you, Hubspot...

We are looking for the same tool. why they set this post as solved if it is not?

MMalafaia

Because they resolved it, by not addressing the issue in over 3 years. It's like "can't you guys take a hint? we don't give a **bleep** about this!" 😁

carlynshaw

Disappointing that HubSpot doesn't offer HTML sharing for emails. Most other platforms offer this and it's super valuable for sharing email templates with partners, etc.

KenChis
Contributor

This is not only needed for sharing with third party deployment, but we'd also like to use this for internal communications. We want a simple responsive template and don't want our facilities emails gunking up our analytics by sending it through HubSpot - we just want the responsive design.

EClarke
Participant

This is badly needed!

TLawson

I am surprised that HubSpot has not made this available yet. Especially since there is such high demand for it. 

JMoran5

Upvote - need to be able to export HTML files of emails for third party blasts

GBesbrode

Has this feature been made available yet? Im currently scouring the internet looking for a possible solution. It would be really helpful if I could just do this straight from Hubspot.