Email Marketing Tool

pkopp
Participant

Export email engagement data at the inclusion list level

Hello,

My organization uses Hubspot to send fundraising and marketing emails, and we segment our audience into various active lists based on people's giving behaviors/preferences. Each message we deliver has several inclusion lists, each of which usually has its own uniquely tracked conversion URL, and sometimes which receives tailored messaging via smart content.

My question is: can one export email performance data (opens, clicks, etc.) for each inclusion list on a given message? I am able to view that level of detail in Hubspot once a message has been sent, but not export it. The only two things I can export are: a) email performance data for the entire recipient list (all inclusion lists combined) with no indication of what list an individual was part of at delivery, and b) rolled up summary email performance data at the message level.

Even if we used only static inclusion lists, I think we'd still need to manually match each of them up with a recipient data file to understand performance of a message by audience. That just seems more cumbersome than it should be.

I'm hoping there is some simple explanation my colleagues, our consultants, our Hubspot account rep, and Hubspot customer support has simply not considered. That, or Hubspot considers implementing this feature.

Thanks,

Pete

P.S. Our donor database is Raiser's Edge NXT and our online donation platform is Engaging Networks (neither tool is connected to or integrated with Hubspot).

3 Replies 3
Ben_M
Key Advisor

I would raise this with your Hubspot account rep and I can do the same with ours as I could see value in this. The closest you can come is in the new reporting tool using the Marketing Emails object. The problem is that you cannot select multiple "Marketing Email Events".  However, you can add lists as a filter to only show emails performance against those lists.  Theoritically if they allowed us to drag all of the metrics into a table report you would be able to build what you need.  I could definitely see use in that.

pkopp
Participant

Thanks for the suggestion of the new reporting tool, we haven't fully explored that. I agree that being able to drag all of the metrics into a table report would provide what we needed. Currently, the performance data options (sent, delivered, opened, clicked, etc.) are radial--only one can be selected at a time. That current limitation restricts us to report only one type of engagement per message, so we would need to run a separate report for each engagement type.

Even with that alteration, we would still need to be able to use Contact List Name or ID available to add as column(s); but I don't see that entity available for selection anywhere. That's important to have for us to be able to easily match up audience conversion data with audience email performance data. Even getting it as a filter would be helpful; but using it as a column would be really powerful.

Let me know if you have any more insights on this--I look forward to finding a solution that could be useful for all Hubspot users.

Thanks again,

Pete

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @pkopp , thank you for posting your question in our Community, I will add some top experts to this conversation, @webdew 

@Ben_M @rikkilear what would you recommend to @pkopp matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes