Email Marketing Tool

PYeo
Mitglied

Event registration process

lösung

Hi. I'm new to Hubspot and already pretty overwhelmed by what Hubspot can do.
However, I can't seem to find the solution to what I'm trying to achieve.
I am considering sending a HS email out to my contacts inviting them to join a virtual event. What should the process be?

Should the email contain a CTA which link to a Form to register their interest? And if so, would the form be able to auto populate the few fields when they arrive at the link to register for the event?
Maybe I'm over thinking this, but ultimately, I want to automate the process and capture their registration interest within my HS database, with minimal fuss to my contacts.
Appreciate any advice on this workflow. Thanks!

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Sure, @PYeo. The reasoning behind this is that would only want to share a landing page with existing contacts. For net new contacts, you would probably want to capture more information and a short form would not suffice. Hence a no-index page, not promoted outside of your email campaign, for existing contacts, and a second page, potentially longer form for net-new contacts and all channels.

Regarding the link you shared, smart lists are more a side-note, not necessarily needed here. You could create a CTA "I want to attend" and another CTA "I do not want to attend". If both are taking the email recipient to the same thank you page, these must be CTAs created in the CTA tool, not right within the email. You can then build a list of recipients that clicked CTA 1 and a list for those who clicked CTA 2. List 1 would be the list of people who want to attend the event.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of these types of emails with a "I do not want to attend" button – because why would I as a recipient take the time to click a button if I'm not interested? Part of being not interested is me not taking any action at all, and that includes clicking buttons.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @PYeo,

For a single CTA button, you can create that right within the email editor, from the left sidebar. We'd only need the CTA tool for two options. The CTA tool is limited to Professional subscriptions, see here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
PYeo
Mitglied

lösung

@karstenkoehler Thanks. Fully understood!

0 Upvotes
PYeo
Mitglied

lösung

@karstenkoehler You've been a great help in explaining this.
Agree with you that "do not want to attend" is redundant, and I think the single CTA 1 button will do.

My final question is why can't I see the CTA option  (Menu > Marketing > Lead Capture > CTAin my free plan? Do i need to be a paying Hubspot customer to be able to access this?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @PYeo,

For a single CTA button, you can create that right within the email editor, from the left sidebar. We'd only need the CTA tool for two options. The CTA tool is limited to Professional subscriptions, see here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

PYeo
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks @karstenkoehler 

May I know whats behind the point that you made about "You'd have to make sure that this short form version of the page isn't shared anywhere else, ideally even set to no-index."?

I've also read somewhere about using smart lists, but I didn't quite understand how this is done: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/manage-event-RSVPs-direct-from-email-invitatio...

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Sure, @PYeo. The reasoning behind this is that would only want to share a landing page with existing contacts. For net new contacts, you would probably want to capture more information and a short form would not suffice. Hence a no-index page, not promoted outside of your email campaign, for existing contacts, and a second page, potentially longer form for net-new contacts and all channels.

Regarding the link you shared, smart lists are more a side-note, not necessarily needed here. You could create a CTA "I want to attend" and another CTA "I do not want to attend". If both are taking the email recipient to the same thank you page, these must be CTAs created in the CTA tool, not right within the email. You can then build a list of recipients that clicked CTA 1 and a list for those who clicked CTA 2. List 1 would be the list of people who want to attend the event.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of these types of emails with a "I do not want to attend" button – because why would I as a recipient take the time to click a button if I'm not interested? Part of being not interested is me not taking any action at all, and that includes clicking buttons.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @PYeo,

Great questions!

As far as the journey goes, yes. You would create a marketing email that contains a CTA. This CTA takes the email recipient to a landing page where they find a registration form. After submitting the form, they receive a confirmation email. (Additionally, you could redirect them to a thank you page.) I've described the step-by-step process in more detail here.

The form would not auto-populate unless the person has previously submitted a HubSpot form using the same device, see here. When a visitor arrives at a HubSpot form, HubSpot checks the visitor's browser for tracking cookies. If this cookie is associated with a contact, HubSpot will be able to pre-populate fields that have been previously submitted on that device.

Now, if you have their contact information already and don't need any additional information, you could keep the form fields to a minimum, potentially even just their email address, first name and last name. You'd have to make sure that this short form version of the page isn't shared anywhere else, ideally even set to no-index.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler