Error Email Validation Failed when scheduling email

SOLVE
Cherie
Participant

I am trying to schedule an email to go out later today.  When I click to schedule I am getting an error message: 

Email Validation Failed. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 4.06.53 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Cherie
Solution
Participant

My email address was verified and I tried a variety of addresses as well.  IT support said it was because the personalization tokens that were part of the template I used where removed.  Even when I added them back in, it wouldn't send.  

I had to copy the email over again in a new template, not a clone, and it worked fine. 

Thank You!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Cherie can you confirm that the email address you are trying to send to is a valid email? You can crosscheck here: http://www.emailvalidator.co/

0 Upvotes
Cherie
Solution
Participant

My email address was verified and I tried a variety of addresses as well.  IT support said it was because the personalization tokens that were part of the template I used where removed.  Even when I added them back in, it wouldn't send.  

I had to copy the email over again in a new template, not a clone, and it worked fine. 

Thank You!

View solution in original post

JackieLalley
Participant | Gold Partner

This happened to me and it resolved when I updated the email title in settings and removed the word "(clone)."