Email Marketing Tool

MarcoPericci
Contributor

Embedding newsletters in wordpress page?

SOLVE

Hi!

We are planning a new website page to improve our newsletter. Our new Newsletter page will have some rows that aim to explain the benefits for subscribers.

In this page we want also to include an archive section where the users can see the old newsletters sent week by week.

I want to create this section dinamically, in a such way that, for every email sent by Hubspot (campaign: "newsletter") the section can be automatically updated with the new sending.

We don't use Hubspot CMS, we are on wordpress.

Do you think you can do it? Maybe with the use of some Hubspot automation (or Zapier automation) or with the use of RSS feed?

Thanks to all who can help me!

2 Accepted solutions
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello and thanks for the tag.. 

I believe a newsletter archive is not currently automatically generated, even if you had HubSpot CMS, but there is an Idea for this that has been posted and so I'd recommend you vote here and follow the thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-adding-of-email-campaign-archive-to-website/idi...

In the meantime you can access a link to the web version for each email by turning on the "Web version" in settings.  Note: You cannot retroactively apply this to old newsletters. You would need to clone and send to a single contact (e.g. yourself) to turn on the web link if this was not previously done. 

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 14.05.05.png

Only suggestion would be to manually copy the web link for each newsletter into a GSheet or similar which you can then perhaps access on Wordpress via plugins / shortcodes to add dynamically to your website. I'm not a wordpress techie so not sure exactly how but believe it is possible to dynamically insert content from a table or similar. 

Good luck (and let's hope the automated archive functionality gets onto the roadmap at some point).. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

MarcoPericci
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Update!

I found a solution, it took me a long time but I'm very happy with the result.

1. For every crafted weekly newsletter (with web version URL generated as deafult) I update a GSheet with a zap
  2. In this Gsheet I add: DATE | SUBJECT | Newsletter # | Web version URL
  3. In the same Gsheet there is also a column "Visible" that contain a formula able to check the number of days elapsed from today since the send date. If >30 Visible = Yes | <30 = No
  4. With this marvelous tool I create automatically a thumbnail image from the email web version: https://image.thum.io (is a simple concatenation of an URL like "https://image.thum.io/get/width/1000/crop/1000/" and the web version email ) 😍
  5. Then in my wordpress backend I have created some customization to generate a dinamic row with the 3 most recent "Visible Yes" newsletter

I was pleased to share this little success with the entire hubspot community!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
AlexTurkovic

SOLVE

One additional idea: I typically use my newsletters as the foundation for longer form articles on the site. Once I've sent a newsletter and written about a specific topic, I'll go ahead and create a draft article in wordpress with the copy from the newsletter. 

Once the content has aged a bit (i.e. Newsletter subscribers have first dibs), I'll then spend a few minutes modifying the copy for article format and then publish it to the site. I don't necessarily call it an archive however. This helps from an SEO perspective as it increases my credibility in Google's eyes as a subject matter expert on a particular topic.

In this way, my content gets to serve 3 distinct purposes:

1. Newsletter content
  2. An article for the website that new people can read in case they weren't subscribed 
  3. An SEO boost
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@MarcoPericci - that is such a cool and creative solution - especially the auto-thumbnail. Very cool and appreciate you sharing an update on your process.. 💪

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

MarcoPericci
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Update!

I found a solution, it took me a long time but I'm very happy with the result.

1. For every crafted weekly newsletter (with web version URL generated as deafult) I update a GSheet with a zap
  2. In this Gsheet I add: DATE | SUBJECT | Newsletter # | Web version URL
  3. In the same Gsheet there is also a column "Visible" that contain a formula able to check the number of days elapsed from today since the send date. If >30 Visible = Yes | <30 = No
  4. With this marvelous tool I create automatically a thumbnail image from the email web version: https://image.thum.io (is a simple concatenation of an URL like "https://image.thum.io/get/width/1000/crop/1000/" and the web version email ) 😍
  5. Then in my wordpress backend I have created some customization to generate a dinamic row with the 3 most recent "Visible Yes" newsletter

I was pleased to share this little success with the entire hubspot community!

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I would highly recommend against doing this for the simple fact that it's...well bad marketing. If you are dynamically posting each of your weekly newsletters right after they are published, then why do they need to sign up for your newsletter? They can just get it directly off your website. You could potentially end up with very few signups.

Also, I'm sure your newsletter is great, but reality says that not every single issue of a newsletter is going to be a home run something to write home about. Just the way it goes. So you don't want to show ALL of them, including the maybe not so great ones.

Instead, I would pick 3-4 absolutely smashing newsletters that you had in the past and just give those as examples of what the benefits are to them signing up to your newsletter. Let the content of the newsletter landing page take your audience on a journey of why they NEED to sign up for your newsletter so they don't miss out.

In short, I don't know how to do what you're asking 😂, but I know it can be done. With websites, if you can dream it, it can be done. However, in my personal opinion, I would advise against it for the reasons mentioned above. Let me know if you have any more questions!

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
MarcoPericci
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi David!

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I totally understand what you’re written but I don't want to show ALL my newsletter archive! :).

I would like to display only newsletters older than a month, in a dynamic way. To allow users to visualize what they will receive, each week, in their inboxes.

The solution proposed by @Jonno_Price is good. I've created a zap that create a new row in a GSheet, for each newsletter sent. Adding then a column with a calculated field "Visible" which will become "Yes" when more than 30 days have elapsed since sending.

Subsequently, in my wordpress backend I will generate some thumbnails from every newsletter "Visibile = Yes".

Thank you all @DavidDennison @Jonno_Price @TiphaineCuisset 

HJerripothula

SOLVE

Can you make a video and show us how did it?
Thanks

0 Upvotes
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello and thanks for the tag.. 

I believe a newsletter archive is not currently automatically generated, even if you had HubSpot CMS, but there is an Idea for this that has been posted and so I'd recommend you vote here and follow the thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-adding-of-email-campaign-archive-to-website/idi...

In the meantime you can access a link to the web version for each email by turning on the "Web version" in settings.  Note: You cannot retroactively apply this to old newsletters. You would need to clone and send to a single contact (e.g. yourself) to turn on the web link if this was not previously done. 

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 14.05.05.png

Only suggestion would be to manually copy the web link for each newsletter into a GSheet or similar which you can then perhaps access on Wordpress via plugins / shortcodes to add dynamically to your website. I'm not a wordpress techie so not sure exactly how but believe it is possible to dynamically insert content from a table or similar. 

Good luck (and let's hope the automated archive functionality gets onto the roadmap at some point).. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MarcoPericci 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Jonno_Price @Ben_M @DavidDennison do you have any thought for @MarcoPericci on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !