Email Marketing Tool

HWatson

Emails sent, but not Sent

SOLVE

Using HS for the first time to send a small bunch of marketing emails. Scheduled the send. When I checked back the status was Sent, but under the performance tab number sent is 0. 

So I tried a Send More and sent it to my personal email (which is a contact). The same happened. 

I can't figure out any attribute or permission reasons why this has/hasn't happened. Does anyone have any ideas?! Thanks

HWatson_1-1656932371244.jpeg

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HWatson,

When you click through to the Not sent contacts, you should see a reason / explanation. Can you please check?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HWatson,

When you click into the Recipients tab (in your screenshot), do the contacts appear under Not sent?

Generally, there are multiple potential reasons why HubSpot might not send an email to a contact. You'll probably see a reason corresponding with one of the below:

Are you using the marketing contacts functionality? If yes, are all recipients marked as marketing contacts? (HubSpot will not send emails to non-marketing contacts.)

Are you suppressing unengaged contacts in the Recipients tab of the email? If yes, you could uncheck the box. Otherwise HubSpot will exclude these contacts.

Are you using an exclusion / suppression list in the Recipients tab of the email? (Do not send to dropdown)

Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If yes, you might have restricted email sends to contacts who have a legal basis for communication only. In that case, you would have to update your contact subscriptions.

Have some of the contacts previously bounced? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Email hard bounce reason is known".

Did you already hit your monthly email send limit? (5X marketing contact tier)

Have some of the contacts previously unsubscribed? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Unsubscribed from all email is equal to True"

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
HWatson

SOLVE
Hi, and thanks.

Recipients tab says 0 sent, and all the other statuses are 0, except Not
Sent which gives the number of people on my list.

The possible reasons you've given shouldn't be a problem - I'm not sure if
all of them are marked and legitimate interest, but I know many of them are
as I created the contacts myself, so even if the setting was on, some of
them should have sent?
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HWatson,

When you click through to the Not sent contacts, you should see a reason / explanation. Can you please check?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
HWatson

SOLVE
Ahh ok! Says no subscription consent. So I guess I need to make sure that
is added and try again... thanks.
0 Upvotes