Emails not arriving

acw
New Contributor

I have sent a marketing email out (using a hubspot template) and have had at least 4 out of 77 receipients confirm they did not receive the email (despite thhe Hubspot report saying they were all delivered).  I had the " receipients " check their spam and still nothing.. I'm checking with others that I am unsure if received the email (hubspot saying delivered, but not opened).   I know that the ones that opened it have received it.

I have all the settings correct as far as I'm aware for contacts and many others received the email.. any ideas?  I need to be able to trust my emails are arriving.

thanks in advance for any help!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @acw,

Were you able to resolve this issue? Please let us know if you have continued to experience this issue, as well as whether you have been able to connect with the recipients in question to confirm their inboxes are set up and ready to receive your emails.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
acw
New Contributor

Sadly not, we still have some emails not arriving with people - I can only assume it's spam filters

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi acw! 

With marketing email, there is no surefire way of knowing whether an email has made it to the primary inbox. Furthermore, there's no way to know with certainty what happens to an email once it has been delivered at all, as discussed here

There are many factors that might influence where an email ends up, including sender and IP reputation or spam filtering on the recipient's end. To help your mail reach the coveted inbox, it would be best to employ some email deliverability best practices! To start, try having your contacts whitelist your sending addresses and IPs. More on how to do this here. You may also want to try sending to the most engaged segments of your contact lists, suppressing the unengaged segments, and regularly clean up the database of those who are not reading your content, thus not helping your reputation and deliverability.