Email Marketing Tool

AReed3

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Hi I am new to hubspot and just sent out a marketing email. I am finding out that most of them went to straight to their spam folders and I am wondering if there is a direct fix for this? it even went to the spam folder of employees which doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else having this issue? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Hi @AReed3,

This is a common problem, unfortunately. Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content rests with the service provider. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

@kaburke wrote an excellent email deliverability listicle and @natsumimori also compiled a lot of great resources here. I highly recommend you check out both. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender. The issue could be that in the past, some recipients have already marked your emails as spam or that email service providers noticed high bounce rates from you.

For your employees specifically, there are steps for allowlisting IP addresses if they're not receiving HubSpot emails.

If you have already taken some of these steps or more context to share, let me know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Sharpsburgian

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

FYI regarding the Karsten Köhler accepted solution... when following the instructions in the links he provided for adding a DNS record, first of all you cannot just set up as an email sender unless you have paid HubSpot. You can attempt to add your domain. However...the values given to put into your DNS record at your host failed to work or verify. It will return typo (I copied and pasted so there was no typo) and record-not-found error messages. So as of today, I still cannot use HubSpot to do something as simple as send one to one personal emails with no images or links or spam language that don't go straight to their spam inboxes. 

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Hi @Sharpsburgian and all,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that your sales emails are going to spam and this can be frustrating.

The reply that @karstenkoehler shared is great and very useful. It is directed to all Community Users, so it may indeed include solutions for free users as well as for users with paid subscriptions.
I can confirm that connecting the email sending domain is only possible in premium versions of HubSpot.

However, I'd like to share these resources that might help you:

- The solution from @Zakiya on this post "Emails sent in hubspot goes to spam"
- The solution from @aliciaw on this post "Hubspot emails going to SPAM"
- The solution from @CHansen7 on this post "emails going to the spam box"

If you have issue connecting your domain to HubSpot, can you please share screenshots?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Here is an article that might help you "Troubleshoot your domain connection".

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @Ben_M, @AdamLPW and @NicoleSengers, doy ou have any tips to share to help @Sharpsburgian, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

anon
Participant

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Regarding the Spammyness tester. I tried to send a test email to that account via hubspot, but hubspot required that I verify the email. I can't do that, as it is the email of the tester and I don't have access. Can you please advise a work around?

0 Upvotes
Cmurphy-smartca

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Use Hubspot "Send test email" and send the message to yourself. Then forward it (remove Marketing Email Preview text from SL) to spammyness email address.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Hi @AReed3 ,

So if the emails are going to the spam folders, this is normally related to their email security filter. For that, we would need to reach out to the recipients to have them allowlist HubSpot marketing email ip address as shown here.

Normally, when the emails go to spam, we do have quite limited control over that. However, if the recipients were to move the email manually into their inbox and save the setting, all emails moving forward would go into their inbox instead.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
SArora1

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Hi @AReed3 , 

For this, they need to allowlist the IP address via which they are sending the emails. This can be done by their IT team itself. Once the IP address gets allowlisted the emails will start getting delivered to the inboxes. Pre-requisites - The email domain should be set up correctly

- SPF & DMARC/DKIM should be set-up correctly

Thanks

Swayam

Grazitti Interactive

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Hi @AReed3,

This is a common problem, unfortunately. Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content rests with the service provider. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

@kaburke wrote an excellent email deliverability listicle and @natsumimori also compiled a lot of great resources here. I highly recommend you check out both. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender. The issue could be that in the past, some recipients have already marked your emails as spam or that email service providers noticed high bounce rates from you.

For your employees specifically, there are steps for allowlisting IP addresses if they're not receiving HubSpot emails.

If you have already taken some of these steps or more context to share, let me know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MMancini4

Emails going to spam

SOLVE

Karsten, am I able to connect my email sending domain and use a DMARC policy if I'm on the free product? I have tried to follow the instructions, but don't seem to have the option to connect email.

thanks,

max