Email Marketing Tool

SLS

Emails going to spam & email sending domain

SOLVE

Hi!

I have been sending marketing emails on behalf of my sales team (I have their permission to do so). I noticed that most emails sent are delivered but never opened. This prompted me to run a test and I found out that emails went directly to the recipient's junk mail folder.

Is there a way to prevent this? I've already looked into this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Emails-going-to-spam/m-p/466676

I tried to connect the email sending domain using the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/domains-and-urls/connect-your-email-sending-domain

However, my sidebar menu doesn't have the Website > Domains & URLS option.

Is there a way to remove the email sending domain in red below? Is this the reason why emails are going into the recipient's junk folder?

junkemail.jpg

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SLS,

Correct, hubspotfree.net will be removed. However, emails are still sent using the HubSpot email infrastructure and the message ID will contain 'hubspotemail.net'.

Connecting the email sending domain will give HubSpot permission to send emails on your behalf by connecting an email sending domain for DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) email authentication.

Connecting your email sending domain will help prevent your marketing emails from getting caught in spam filters, and will also remove the via HubSpot text that appears in the sender information at the top of your marketing emails.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
SLS

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

So if I subscribe, does that mean the sending domain will only show the "Full name <email@email.com>" instead of "Full name <email@email.com> (Full name via vf02.hubspotfree.net)"?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SLS,

Correct, hubspotfree.net will be removed. However, emails are still sent using the HubSpot email infrastructure and the message ID will contain 'hubspotemail.net'.

Connecting the email sending domain will give HubSpot permission to send emails on your behalf by connecting an email sending domain for DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) email authentication.

Connecting your email sending domain will help prevent your marketing emails from getting caught in spam filters, and will also remove the via HubSpot text that appears in the sender information at the top of your marketing emails.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JIversen
Participant

SOLVE

So are you saying that if any of the following subscriptions are paid for that the marketing emails will no longer be delivered to the recipiants 'Junk' folder?

I am having the same issue as SLS above and not convinced that Hubspot is the way I wanna go. I put in all this work to add contacts and create a marketing email only to not have it even viewed or opened.

Please advise to the best solution

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JIversen,

There isn't any guarantee that emails will not land in the spam folder. Email deliverability is too complex a concept to generalize. Connecting the email sending increases the likelihood of not landing in the spam folder. It's a big step towards better deliverability.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SLS,

Connecting your email sending domain requires one of these subscriptions below.

Marketing Hub Starter, Professional, Enterprise
Service Hub Professional, Enterprise
Legacy Marketing Hub Basic

It's not available in the free products, unfortunately. You would have to upgrade. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes