Email Marketing Tool

hs-user
Participant

Emailing Best Practices

SOLVE

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to get some insights about the emailing best practices into your company. In the company I've recently joined they use mainly Hubspot for emailing campaign (like newsletters) which is a shame as this tool can do so much thing, but this is why I've been onboarded I believe... 

Any how, how your team deal with emailing? Do they use Hubspot or a separate tool like Mailchimp? My concern is to maintain our contacts number within the limit of our subscription plan and as far as I can see we've exploded this limitation already!

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

1 Accepted solution
AnnieRECIPE
Solution
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Emailing Best Practices

SOLVE

Hi Damien! 

I can't see where you're based from your profile, but if you're based in ANZ, there's a recent update to pricing models where you can just pay for the contacts you actually send marketing emails and target ads to. The rest (up to one million contacts total) are free.

Location aside, if you're concerned about the number of contacts you have due to price, the deeper objection may be "I'm concerned about the number of contacts we are paying for that we can't market to" e.g. partners, sales contacts, delivery providers... is that the case? If that's the case, and you can identify these segments that aren't useful to market to, you could create an active list that populates with these types of contacts, and enrol the active list in a workflow that will unsubscribe all contacts in this active list. Benefit here is you keep all contacts, and the histories associated with these, but aren't charged for the contact count. 

Is that helpful? 

Found my solution helpful? Please mark it as accepted below 🙂

Annie Swann

Head Coach

RECIPE marketing

emailAddress
annie@recipemarketing.co.nz
website
www.recipemarketing.co.nz
address
9 Huron Street, Takapuna, Auckland

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AnnieRECIPE
Solution

Emailing Best Practices

SOLVE

Hi Damien! 

I can't see where you're based from your profile, but if you're based in ANZ, there's a recent update to pricing models where you can just pay for the contacts you actually send marketing emails and target ads to. The rest (up to one million contacts total) are free.

Location aside, if you're concerned about the number of contacts you have due to price, the deeper objection may be "I'm concerned about the number of contacts we are paying for that we can't market to" e.g. partners, sales contacts, delivery providers... is that the case? If that's the case, and you can identify these segments that aren't useful to market to, you could create an active list that populates with these types of contacts, and enrol the active list in a workflow that will unsubscribe all contacts in this active list. Benefit here is you keep all contacts, and the histories associated with these, but aren't charged for the contact count. 

Is that helpful? 

Found my solution helpful? Please mark it as accepted below 🙂

Annie Swann

Head Coach

RECIPE marketing

emailAddress
annie@recipemarketing.co.nz
website
www.recipemarketing.co.nz
address
9 Huron Street, Takapuna, Auckland
Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Emailing Best Practices

SOLVE

Hi,

Our comapny uses Hubspot marketing enterprise, we use almost all the features with SFDC integration as the CRM.

In terms of number of contacts, the best practice would be to keep them all inthe same system so as not to create duplicats and to have full clarity of all the contacts through-out their life-cycle.

There are several ways to make sure you are running a "tight ship" in terms of contacts:

1. Make sure you delete all your contacts that have globaly bounced or hard-bounced from your emails.

2. If you have contacts that have not engaged with anything from you in the last 365 days including emails, site visits, social media posts etc., you can create a follow-up email to see if they are still interested in your offereings/emails, what we would do after this is create a list of all the leads that did not respond to this email or respnded that they are not interested and delete them if there is no business with them at the moment.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Emailing Best Practices

SOLVE

I agree with your statement that there are still a lot of companies who use marketing automation as no more than an email marketing tool and don't take advantage of the features.  As far as using email, my current company uses Hubspot (enterprise) for our emails, but nothing else from Hubspot as we have a different CRM and Service solution.

If you have reached your limit that's not a bad thing.  Maybe your lists need cleaning, but it could also mean your company is generating new leads and the last thing you want to do is say to a potential customer, "sorry we've reached our contact limit so we cannot send you any emails to help make your decision, please try again later."  If the limit is reached and the leads are valid this is a reason to go to your management and explain a larger investment to continue to market to those new contacts and drive more business and revenue.