Email Marketing Tool

jenlangley
Participant

Email subscription page

We allow people to create an account on our website. They can opt-in to newsletters when they do that, but they don't always.

We send all marketing emails through Hubspot and have 3 newsletters. 

We would like to put a link under "My Account" to "manage your subscriptions". I know that would work to send people to the Subscription Management page within Hubspot w/ their email hashed in (like it does in the email footer links), but what if they're not subscribed to anything - will that work?

Trying to think of a tidy way to handle this.

Thanks for any tips.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Email subscription page

Hi Jen, I believe it should still work. As long as  the link contains the user's email then it should work. If the contact is not yet subscribed it should say so and it will provide the option to opt in. Best bet is to test it. Can you send to a colleague or perhaps a personal email address, where you know for sure that the email is not in HubSpot, using the #email method in the url ? This would be the safest to ensure all is behaving as expected. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

jenlangley
Participant

Email subscription page

Hi Jonno - 

Thanks, I just tried that and had a really odd result.

I put a new contact into Hubspot (a personal email address of mine). I sent it a transactional email with a link to manage subscriptions.

Weirdly, any subscription in Hubspot that says, "Not Specified" (so not subscribed or unsubscribed) is checked which per the page is "You are currently subscribed to the emails checked below. To opt out, please uncheck the box for the type of email you no longer wish to receive."

I left them checked and submitted and it subscribed me to them. A really odd user experience. Not sure folks would understand what was happening.

Thanks!
Jen

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email subscription page

Hi @jenlangley,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any recommendations:  

hi @GRajput@Jonno_Price@Kevin-C, do you have any tips for @jenlangley? Thanks!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings