Email Marketing Tool

Alex-Xavio
Membre

Email subject preview text problem

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help.

I've created an email from the standard newsletter template, and when i go to include the preview text for the subject, on mobile device when testing, the preview text writes as it should but then it includes the ALT TEXT wording from my logo that is at the top of the newsletter.

So on mobile, it looks like the below:

Hi John - we hope you are keeping safe and well. [gold transparent1].

After that it lists the first few lines of the content of the email. But whatever i do it always seems to include the name of my logo. Is there a way to fix this?  

10 Réponses
APace89
Participant

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.

did you solve it in any way?
thanks

0 Votes
AdamLPW
Conseiller clé

Hi @Alex-Xavio,

You can manually control the preview text in Edit Email on the "Settings" tab (middle tab at the top of the screen.

When you look at this for your email campaign do you see the [alt text] tag there?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
0 Votes
Alex-Xavio
Membre

Hi Adam - thanks for your message. Yes, i've used the Edit Email in the Settings tab and wrote what I wanted the preview message to be. Despite that, it pulls in the alt text info from the logo, but only on my iPhone 6s, not my iPhone XR. However, I would qiute like the preview text to only display what I fill in the settings tab for preview text. But it continues to pull in more after it for some reason...it pulls in the beginning text content of the email itself as well. This is also the case when i max out the character limit in preview text, and also if i dont max it out...

0 Votes
AdamLPW
Conseiller clé

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the slow response - very busy ATM.

I'm afraid we've reached the limit of my knowledge on the subject! 

It would definitely appear that your iPhone accommodates more characters than the preview field in HubSpot anticipates.  Perhaps you could look at loading the start of your email with zero-length blank dividers or spacers which wouldn't appear on screen, but might fill out the preview text?  Worth a shot?!

I'm hoping this reply will bring your thread back to the surface and maybe get a response from elsewhere in the community...

Good luck

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
0 Votes
Alex-Xavio
Membre

Hi Adam - thanks for coming back on this...I've tried a divider as suggested, but it seems to not be included in the preview text so it just displays all the text as it was previously.

I'm not sure if there is a way around this and I need to send my email next week, so if any other suggestions from the community come up that would be great.

0 Votes
sharonlicari
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hey @Alex-Xavio 

I believe could be related to his IOS not be updated, could you please confirm if you have IOS is up to date in your iPhone 6?

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Alex-Xavio
Membre

Thanks Sharon, but even with the latest OS it still is the same.

I think to really be able to control the way preview text works and with some of these templates, HTML control is needed, but on Marketing Starter you don't get that access. So for now, i think it will just have to be as it is...it doesn't seem there is a straight-forward solution or box to tick that solves it.

0 Votes
sharonlicari

Hey @Alex-Xavio 

Could you please share a screenshot and the preview link? With this information the Community will be able to assist you 🙂

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JessGBI
Participant

Here is a screenshot of our preview issue - it is pulling in the alt tag from the header image and part of the header copy. We have the preheader text specified in each email, so this shouldn't be happening. Can someone on the HubSpot Community please help? image.png

0 Votes
Alex-Xavio
Membre

So it seems that on my iPhone XR the preview text does not mention the logo. It only mentions the logo on my old iPhone 6S preview text. But on the iPhone XR, after the preview text which ends with the word 'recent', it then goes on to display the first few words from the actual email i'm sending. How can I ensure the preview text only displays what i write in the Preview text settings?

email.png

0 Votes