Email Marketing Tool

squigglebit
Contributor

Email segmentation for reporting

SOLVE

I have a question around segmenting emails for clearer reporting.

Our emails are used by both sales and marketing and in automations from both departments. I am very aware that an email from the sales team dept is still classified as a marketing email (i.e. it's not transactional or a 1:1) however for reporting on email performance we would like to be able to split these out.

The onbvious way seems to be via campagns, but this does not work when it's a sale since we'd need a top level campaign e.g. sales or marketing and a secondary campaign e.g. valentines sale.

It doesn't look like I can view email performance by subscription type either so I cannot use this as a filter.

Any ideas or best practice is very much appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @squigglebit,

Have you considered filtering for email name? For example, if all emails from sales include the keyword "Sales", you could filter for marketing email name to include or exclude these emails. It wouldn't allow for categorization but you could create one report for sales, one for marketing that way.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @squigglebit,

Have you considered filtering for email name? For example, if all emails from sales include the keyword "Sales", you could filter for marketing email name to include or exclude these emails. It wouldn't allow for categorization but you could create one report for sales, one for marketing that way.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes