Email Marketing Tool

etc

Email platform like Gmail and email marketing for small businesses

SOLVE

I am completely new Hubspot and new to email marketing. If as a small business I am sending say 1,000 emails to a contact list via Hubspot, do those emails go from my email account? I ask because if I regularly send a 1,000 emails then my email account then I need to have big enough mailbox storage like Gmail or something similar. Or doesn't work like that.

What do most small businesses do? 

I am asking this question because for most of my websites I use G-Suite or Gmail for business. However, the website that is connected to my Hubspot account has IMAP/SMTP email account via cPanel from my website hosting company. So, I was thinking would this type of email account with limited storage be appropriate. If not, it's easy to change to Gmail or similar, but I would prefer to change it now as I am getting started, rather then later when I have many things connected to it.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @etc,

Here's what we recommend/see for most businesses...

If you're going to send out 1,000 emails, they probably aren't going to be personalized for each recipient, so it probably falls more in line with being a marketing email. This should go out in bulk using the marketing email tool within HubSpot. As @natsumimori, these sends aren't reflected in your actual email account as HubSpot's server is sending them.

One-to-one emails sent from the contact record or from your email interface and logged in HubSpot, actually come from your email server. If your email is personalized and specifically for a specific individual, you should use the contact record email tool or log from Outlook/Google Apps. If you haven't used that tool before, it will walk you through the steps of getting it connected the first time you use it.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the ping @natsumimori!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @etc,

Here's what we recommend/see for most businesses...

If you're going to send out 1,000 emails, they probably aren't going to be personalized for each recipient, so it probably falls more in line with being a marketing email. This should go out in bulk using the marketing email tool within HubSpot. As @natsumimori, these sends aren't reflected in your actual email account as HubSpot's server is sending them.

One-to-one emails sent from the contact record or from your email interface and logged in HubSpot, actually come from your email server. If your email is personalized and specifically for a specific individual, you should use the contact record email tool or log from Outlook/Google Apps. If you haven't used that tool before, it will walk you through the steps of getting it connected the first time you use it.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the ping @natsumimori!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @etc ,

HubSpot sends marketing emails on behalf of you by using HubSpot's email server. So if you send 1,000 emails, those are not going our from you email inbox. On the other hand, if you connect your personal inbox to HubSpot and send 1:1 emails, this is going out from your connected inbox.

Manage your marketing email account settings

Connect your inbox to HubSpot

Regarding "what do most small business do?", I'll tag Community contributor @Josh.

Hi Josh, could you share your insight for @etc ?

0 Upvotes