Email Marketing Tool

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Email marketing tool migration

SOLVE

Hello Team,

Hope everyone is doing great. We migrated from Active Campaign to Hubspot marketing to send newsletters and do marketing automations. We noticed a big drop in term of open rate, anyone have some best practices / guidelines regarding e-mail marketing tool migration? it really helps us, please do let us know. Thanks.

Regards

Ravishankar S

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula,

Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

If you have already taken some of these steps or more context to share, let me know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

rasa-paul
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Adding to Karsten's comments: can you confirm that you are otherwise comparing apples to apples in Open Rates?  We (rasa.io) are a newsletter company (with a HubSpot integration and focus).  I have seen that different companies report differently. 

+ It may seem obvious, but make sure you are looking at the same status (unique open rate vs total open rate has shown to be a difference in tool reporting).

+ The general content of the newsletters (or marketing sends) is the same?  Any differences in the HTML structure (I have seen, though seldom, cases where a really really poor HTML structure has led to drops in deliverability)

Good luck!

Paul C

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RSiddula
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@LColignon  @ECaytan @vpopowsky.  @AndreaBalducci  The above suggestions might help us, please have a look and proceed further. Merci

rasa-paul
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Adding to Karsten's comments: can you confirm that you are otherwise comparing apples to apples in Open Rates?  We (rasa.io) are a newsletter company (with a HubSpot integration and focus).  I have seen that different companies report differently. 

+ It may seem obvious, but make sure you are looking at the same status (unique open rate vs total open rate has shown to be a difference in tool reporting).

+ The general content of the newsletters (or marketing sends) is the same?  Any differences in the HTML structure (I have seen, though seldom, cases where a really really poor HTML structure has led to drops in deliverability)

Good luck!

Paul C

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula,

Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

If you have already taken some of these steps or more context to share, let me know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.