Email Marketing Tool

hubspot13
Mitglied

Email goes into junk/spam folder

lösung

When I try sending out bulk emails, it gets sent to the junk / bounces back.

Any workaround this?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @hubspot13,

Unfortunately it's not as easy as deciding that emails should not go into spam. Similar to SEO, you can only try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content (whether to put it into the primary inbox or spam folder) rests with the service provider.

For you as the sender that means that you want to absolutely nail all aspects of sender reputation and email deliverability. For an overview, I can recommend @kaburke's excellent email deliverability listicle. Most importantly, make sure you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC).

In addition:

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid and dance around as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

@natsumimori also compiled a lot of great resources here. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender. The issue could be that in the past, some recipients have already marked your emails as spam or that your emails caused a lot of hard bounces.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
webdew
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @hubspot13 ,

See the bounce as sometimes bounces will give more information around why it bounced - otherwise a few things to check are if you have their email sending domain connected for the domain they're sending from

So for example, if you're sending an email from example@cathal.com

you would want to connect the domain cathal.com as a sending domain in HubSpot

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/domains-and-urls/connect-your-email-sending-domain

One of the other main reasons emails bounce/go to junk is because the sender score is too low - a sender score is evaluated from how many bounces/spam reports/successful opens/clicks an email gets - stuff like bounces bring it down, and more opens/clicks bring it up

If you are sending a lot of email to addresses they haven't verified they might be getting unknown user bounces which would bring down their sender score a lot

I would recommend checking out the bounce reasons to see why emails are bouncing, if it's for stuff like spam reports/unknown user bounces then they should verify emails using a tool like kickbox: https://kickbox.com

And make sure you're only sending to emails that are expecting to receive marketing emails

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @hubspot13,

Unfortunately it's not as easy as deciding that emails should not go into spam. Similar to SEO, you can only try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content (whether to put it into the primary inbox or spam folder) rests with the service provider.

For you as the sender that means that you want to absolutely nail all aspects of sender reputation and email deliverability. For an overview, I can recommend @kaburke's excellent email deliverability listicle. Most importantly, make sure you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC).

In addition:

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid and dance around as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

@natsumimori also compiled a lot of great resources here. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender. The issue could be that in the past, some recipients have already marked your emails as spam or that your emails caused a lot of hard bounces.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GMCAST
Mitglied

lösung

I signed up to the Marketing Free plan however the ability to connect your email sending domain option doesn't seem to exist on this plan? 

All of the emails go to junk so pretty pointless without this functionality...

0 Upvotes