Email Marketing Tool

nathanielk

Email conversion for affiliate websites

SOLVE

Hi, the members of a great HubSpot Community! 

Can you help me with one issue? 

I own a website in the cleaning equipment niche and you can see it here http://www.best-pressure-washers.co.uk/. Nearly one week ago I've made a redesign to start working with an affiliate program. Now, I would like to try to work with email marketing, but is this worth it? Can you tell me please what is the average email conversion for affiliate websites?  Waiting for your advice. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @nathanielk ,

There isn't really an 'average' conversion for an affiliate site. It's such a broad range of sites (and of massively varying quality and value to the end user) that I'm sure there's an incredibly wide range of performance metrics across every channel.

Specifically for your case, my big questions would be:

1. Who would you be emailing?
  2. How are you planning on obtaining those email addresses?
  3. How are you capturing that opt-in information and are you 100% confident you will be within CAN-SPAM, GDPR etc... guidelines?
  4. What information would you be sending them? A newsletter? Latest articles? Discount or voucher codes?

I'd take a step back and look at your bigger marketing plan. Email marketing may not necessarily be a good fit for this kind of site - where most users will visit perhaps once, follow one of your links and then buy the product. They're unlikely to ever return to your site again after that, right? As such you may be better focussing your efforts on SEO, social and PPC.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @nathanielk ,

There isn't really an 'average' conversion for an affiliate site. It's such a broad range of sites (and of massively varying quality and value to the end user) that I'm sure there's an incredibly wide range of performance metrics across every channel.

Specifically for your case, my big questions would be:

1. Who would you be emailing?
  2. How are you planning on obtaining those email addresses?
  3. How are you capturing that opt-in information and are you 100% confident you will be within CAN-SPAM, GDPR etc... guidelines?
  4. What information would you be sending them? A newsletter? Latest articles? Discount or voucher codes?

I'd take a step back and look at your bigger marketing plan. Email marketing may not necessarily be a good fit for this kind of site - where most users will visit perhaps once, follow one of your links and then buy the product. They're unlikely to ever return to your site again after that, right? As such you may be better focussing your efforts on SEO, social and PPC.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

0 Upvotes