Email Marketing Tool

kayzoe

Email contact to personalized landing page

SOLVE

I am brand new to hubspot and have been looking through documentation but am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We want to create a personalized email to a contact name. It will have a link that will then go to a landing page that again is personalized to the person who received the email The email says "John, click here to view your options". When John clicks, the page says "Hello John, here are your options".  Is this possible?

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: We want to create a personalized email to a contact name. It will have a link that will then go to a landing page that again is personalized to the person who received the email The email says "John, click here to view your options". When John clicks, the page says "Hello John, here are your options".  Is this possible??

Short A: Totally. HubSpot was built for that sort of stuff.

- see http://devlp.frankinbound.com/inbound-badas-certified-example

Longer A:

Here's the rich text code we used to publish that contact-related customization ...

<div style="text-align: center; margin-top: 20px; font-size: 36px; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><strong>{{ personalization_token("contact.firstname", "First") }}&nbsp;{{ personalization_token("contact.lastname", "Last") }}</strong></div>

[Note: it's just a dev page, so we used inline CSS. (not a best practice)]

Here's the thing ...

That functionality is based on cookies (by default) which means ... this is what I see when I open that page in Chrome (where HubSpot cookies are dropped for ME).

(see image)mfjlabs-screenshot-Inbound-BadAs-Certified-Example-with-cookies.png

However, THIS is what I see when I open that page in an Incognito window (or in Firefox where HubSpot cookies are NOT dropped).

(see image)Contact Personalization Token Default Value UsedContact Personalization Token Default Value Used

As long as your contact personalization token default value accounts for the possibility the email recipient contact may open the page without HubSpot cookies you'll be fine. Also consider what YOU see if you have HubSpot cookies dropped (for YOU) when you open that page even if you're not in our CRM (which you're not). Make sense?

++

One way to guarantee similar functionality without the use of cookies is to pass a URL query parameter and use a little .js to extract the query value to publish to the page, but you'll want to ask for those details in the Design section of this forum.

(beyond scope of original question)

There are other things to consider when implementing this functionality (e.g., community machines), but that should get you started in the right direction.

Hope that helps. Good luck on your project.

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: We want to create a personalized email to a contact name. It will have a link that will then go to a landing page that again is personalized to the person who received the email The email says "John, click here to view your options". When John clicks, the page says "Hello John, here are your options".  Is this possible??

Short A: Totally. HubSpot was built for that sort of stuff.

- see http://devlp.frankinbound.com/inbound-badas-certified-example

Longer A:

Here's the rich text code we used to publish that contact-related customization ...

<div style="text-align: center; margin-top: 20px; font-size: 36px; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><strong>{{ personalization_token("contact.firstname", "First") }}&nbsp;{{ personalization_token("contact.lastname", "Last") }}</strong></div>

[Note: it's just a dev page, so we used inline CSS. (not a best practice)]

Here's the thing ...

That functionality is based on cookies (by default) which means ... this is what I see when I open that page in Chrome (where HubSpot cookies are dropped for ME).

(see image)mfjlabs-screenshot-Inbound-BadAs-Certified-Example-with-cookies.png

However, THIS is what I see when I open that page in an Incognito window (or in Firefox where HubSpot cookies are NOT dropped).

(see image)Contact Personalization Token Default Value UsedContact Personalization Token Default Value Used

As long as your contact personalization token default value accounts for the possibility the email recipient contact may open the page without HubSpot cookies you'll be fine. Also consider what YOU see if you have HubSpot cookies dropped (for YOU) when you open that page even if you're not in our CRM (which you're not). Make sense?

++

One way to guarantee similar functionality without the use of cookies is to pass a URL query parameter and use a little .js to extract the query value to publish to the page, but you'll want to ask for those details in the Design section of this forum.

(beyond scope of original question)

There are other things to consider when implementing this functionality (e.g., community machines), but that should get you started in the right direction.

Hope that helps. Good luck on your project.

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes