Email Marketing Tool

leemeganj

Email border display issue in Outlook

I am using the drag-and-drop email builder.

When I add a border to the email, the test email displays a small vertical space (about 6 pixels wide) between the right side of the email and the border in ONLY the Outlook desktop app. This spacing issue does not occur in any other email client OR in the Outlook browser and mobile versions. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Screenshot of issue (sorry about the messy black redacting and circling; I did this quickly in Paint):

outlook border display issue.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
leemeganj

Sorry, I meant to reply using my personal account but I replied using my agency's account instead. Please reply to @leemeganj and not the Getfused account above.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @leemeganj ,

Usually, outlook renders the styling in a different manner so it can be a bit problematic to get all your emails in the same way across your outlook recipients. This is an issue that i commonly being faced by many users of hubspot
Here’s an article that has some tips and tricks to solve this
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-do-emails-look-different-in-outlook

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
Getfused

Hi @webdew,

I am aware that this is a problem with Outlook rendering the styling differently. I have already tried the resource you linked and many others, but am still running into the following issues that prevent me from resolving the main issue:

• It's not just one image or a few images that are affected by the spacing issue. The ENTIRE contents of the email have been shifted slightly to the left INSIDE the border.
  • The new drag-and-drop interface does not let me edit the source code for images anymore. Or, at least, I don't see an "Advanced > Source Code" option when I click into the module. 
  • The line is a single vertical gap between the right side of the email content and the right border, not a horizontal gap anywhere in the email (although I've seen this issue before too).

I was wondering if there is an existing workaround to resolve this or it's just something that Hubspot can't resolve when it comes to Outlook rendering. It's a problem for this client in particular because the majority of their email recipients open the email from an Outlook desktop app. 

0 Upvotes