Email automation removal for scheduled one off send

Manda_13
Participant

Looking to understand if there are plans to have a feature in email that completely unpublishes an email for automation and enables a schedule to send or a send now option if the email no longer belongs in a workflow?

Essentailly, I am wondering if the unpublish feature on emails saved for automation will ever work like landing pages where you are able to unpublish in totality? 

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

>>"Looking to understand if there are plans to have a feature in email that completely unpublishes an email for automation and enables a schedule to send or a send now option if the email no longer belongs in a workflow?

Essentailly, I am wondering if the unpublish feature on emails saved for automation will ever work like landing pages where you are able to unpublish in totality?"

The solution you're looking for here is email cloning @Manda_13

Due to the way email stats are stored and reported on email sends in HubSpot it would do more harm than good to allow unpublishing and resending of the same email (even to the same audience). I don't work for HubSpot and have no idea if some evil genius there may be planning this after Skynet takes over, but it's quite unlikely.

Best,
Frank

Remote  B2B Digital Marketing Manager

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

Manda_13
Participant

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your input however I am not looking to resend an email that was already sent through a workflow. Just looking for a way to change my mind if I do publish for automation and want to shift the strategy a bit. 

Thanks,

Amanda

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Gotcha @Manda_13. In that case, you can unpublish and republish (aka: stop / start) the email. And even swap it out in a workflow on the fly.

Emails in Marketing worflows aren't really tied to a contact until actual send time, so ... even if you have contacts in the workflow already who haven't reached the email send action you may swap out that email for a replacement.

Does that help?

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

0 Upvotes
Manda_13
Participant

Hi Frank,

Unfortuntely, I am looking for a more technincal answer for HubSpots future capabilities in this realm. Right now - if an email is published for automation there is no turning back. The only way to send that email (outside of a workflow) is to clone and delete the original. This issue is not for a workflow - it is soley to be able to unpublish something for automation just the way that a published landing page is able to be unpublished.

Thanks for trying to assist, I really do appreciate your time.  I am looking to understand if this is on HubSpots product updates for future.

Best,

Amanda 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

>>"Right now - if an email is published for automation there is no turning back."

Email published for automation (even if used in a workflow) can be unpublished. However, for the reasons originally indicated, that same email cannot be republisned as a 'one-off' email send.

Good luck with your project.

#nlmtt

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

0 Upvotes
Mike_Donnelly
Top Contributor

Hi @Manda_13 - Can you dive a bit deeper into the use case specifics?  There may be some workarounds that would essentially allow you to change strategies as you mentioned.  Happy to dive deeper into this if you'd like.

0 Upvotes
Manda_13
Participant

Hi! The use case would be to unpublish a published email for automation. You have to save an email for automation in order to get a web version of the email, then clone that email to send to a list of recipients (since the email is not in a workflow nor intended to be in one, the 'save for automation' is only being done to receive a web version link of the email to share). There is no way to reverse this action. This is a tad difficult to explain through email but it is a function that does not exist in HubSpot so I was reaching out to see if this is on the production list for future. Not sure if that explains everything well enough.

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

>>"You have to save an email for automation in order to get a web version of the email."

Not true. Emails saved for and SENT to lists can be set to trigger the creation of a web version. However, that web version isn't built unless/until the email is sent.

(see image)hubspot-email-web-version-sent-to-smart-list.png

The web version of the email above was never saved for automation and only sent to a smart list of individuals.

- see http://devmfjlabs-dev-4402709-4402709.hs-sites.com/web-version-test

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

0 Upvotes
Mike_Donnelly
Top Contributor

Hi @Manda_13 - Sorry for the delayed response here, but @MFrankJohnson put together some good detail in his latest comment.  Happy to keep digging in here (albeit might a bit delayed) if his comment doesn't fully address the question / comment.

0 Upvotes