Email Marketing Tool

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Email Verification Services

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot Community,

A nice HubSpot client who generates leads mainly by phone is struggling with typos in email addresses while on the phone and needs help. Is this a good use case for an email verification service?

Was wondering if anyone's worked with an email address verification service like Kickbox and if your experience with their service or similar services was good, bad, ugly, whatever ...

Appreciate all comments &/or PMs. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
3 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MFrankJohnson,

Great question! 

Is the issue specifically that she is having difficulty typing the email addresses while she is on the phone with them? Email validation services would only confirm she didn't email invalid email addresses, however if these are valid leads that she is already in communication with (through phone calls), then (in my opinion) the issue is with ensuring that she is getting the email address while she is on the phone. 

In this case, I would recommend either confirming their email address through a form submission, or confirming the email is valid by sending a follow up email right away. Additional workarounds could include sending a meetings link, or looking up their company domain first, and then all the client needs to confirm is the pattern of their email address within the Company (first initial and last name, full name, etc.). 

Again, this just my opinion. Want to pull in some other subject matter experts to see what they think as well. 

@ajwiggins85@dan_sitton@Brandsensations do you have any thoughts on this? 

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

dan_sitton
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

So, for single e-mail verification, I like to use this free tool: https://verify-email.org. However, depending on how the call goes the only way to ensure that the e-mail is 100% correct is to have the rep send an e-mail on the phone and verbally verify delivery. Some might find this a little overbearing, but if you have an introduction e-mail template that can be ready to be sent that process from creating the account to sending the intro e-mail is very quick.

My concern with just using an e-mail verification tool is that it only verifies that the e-mail address is a correct one, not that the e-mail is correct for the person. Tools like Datanyze have some of this information stored for contacts, but I like that tool much better for prospecting than verifying since the e-mails on file for them might have a low confidence score.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I hope it helps.

-Dan

Mike_Donnelly
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson check out www.xverify.com which is a great first step in the email verification process.  We use it and recommend it all the time.

11 Replies 11
GCxm001

SOLVE

You should never try MailTester Ninja !!!!!

If you do so, you will never use another tool 😃🤣
Enjoy guys !
MailTester Ninja 

0 Upvotes
jaustin2

SOLVE

Hello.

To perform a single email verification, I prefer utilizing this free tool: https://www.zerobounce.net/free-email-verifier/. However, depending on the outcome of the verification call, the only way to guarantee the absolute accuracy of the email is by having the representative send an email while on the call and verbally confirming its successful delivery. This might come across as somewhat meticulous, but if you have a pre-prepared introductory email template, the process from creating the account to sending the introductory email can be incredibly swift.

My apprehension about relying solely on an email verification tool is that it only validates the correctness of the email address itself, not whether it corresponds to the intended recipient. Tools like Datanyze store some of this contact information, but I find Datanyze more suitable for prospecting, as the confidence score associated with the stored emails may be less reliable.

I acknowledge that my response may not directly address your query, but I hope it provides some useful context.

0 Upvotes
IHejazi

SOLVE

Recently, Hubspot developed an integration ecosystem. You can find many direct integrations there. Here is a link for your reference: https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/6974964/marketplace/apps/marketing/email/debounce-210729

Moreover, here is an integration that might be useful: https://debounce.io/integrations/hubspot/

You can check the online review platforms to compare different services and find the one that suits your needs.

lbrown27
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello, we're using 250ok and they have great functionality and customer service. Still working on the Hubspot API though which will be a game changer!

0 Upvotes
findemail

SOLVE

I like this free tool for single email verification: https://findemailaddress.co. However, depending on how the call goes, the only way to ensure that the email is 100% correct is to have the rep send an email to the phone and verify delivery verbally. Some might find this a bit overbearing, but it's very simple if you have an introduction email template that can be ready to send from creating the account to sending the email.My concern with just using an email verification tool is that it only verifies that the email address is correct, not the person's email is correct. Tools like Datanyze have some of this information stored for contacts, but I like that tool much better for prospecting than checking as emails on file might have a low confidence score for them.I know your question isn't really answered, but I hope it helps.

0 Upvotes
Aimbrella

SOLVE

I think one of the best services for email verification would be https://mailcheck.co

0 Upvotes
Mike_Donnelly
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson check out www.xverify.com which is a great first step in the email verification process.  We use it and recommend it all the time.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

removed

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MFrankJohnson,

Great question! 

Is the issue specifically that she is having difficulty typing the email addresses while she is on the phone with them? Email validation services would only confirm she didn't email invalid email addresses, however if these are valid leads that she is already in communication with (through phone calls), then (in my opinion) the issue is with ensuring that she is getting the email address while she is on the phone. 

In this case, I would recommend either confirming their email address through a form submission, or confirming the email is valid by sending a follow up email right away. Additional workarounds could include sending a meetings link, or looking up their company domain first, and then all the client needs to confirm is the pattern of their email address within the Company (first initial and last name, full name, etc.). 

Again, this just my opinion. Want to pull in some other subject matter experts to see what they think as well. 

@ajwiggins85@dan_sitton@Brandsensations do you have any thoughts on this? 

Thanks,
Jenny

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Very good feedback. Thanks

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
dan_sitton
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

So, for single e-mail verification, I like to use this free tool: https://verify-email.org. However, depending on how the call goes the only way to ensure that the e-mail is 100% correct is to have the rep send an e-mail on the phone and verbally verify delivery. Some might find this a little overbearing, but if you have an introduction e-mail template that can be ready to be sent that process from creating the account to sending the intro e-mail is very quick.

My concern with just using an e-mail verification tool is that it only verifies that the e-mail address is a correct one, not that the e-mail is correct for the person. Tools like Datanyze have some of this information stored for contacts, but I like that tool much better for prospecting than verifying since the e-mails on file for them might have a low confidence score.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I hope it helps.

-Dan